Piece of junk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJJB

Reaction score
Anytime I make a service appointment for a warranty issue, I arrange a loaner vehicle (typically F150 crew cab) before I drop off my Expy to avoid any waiting. Perhaps that strategy would simplify things for you a bit if your dealer is reasonable to work with.

I tried to make arrangements for a loaner before I get my Expy repaired but the Ford dealership claims the wait is 5 weeks before I'd be able to have a loaner. My Expedition now has a leak from the Vista Roof after the dealership repaired it. I have to keep it garaged until Ford Motor Co give authorization to allow a warranty whole Vista roof replacement.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a level of expectation for quality when you pay over $60,000 for a vehicle that exceeds what you expect of a $18,000 car.

Yes, do you understand what it's like to just create a vehicle from thin air? It's quite the far stretch from banging two rocks together and throwing spears at fuzzy elephants. I can write a thick 900 page book on creating just the aluminum stock needed for the frame assembly, and not the fame assembly itself. You know, there's a million other components involved with a vehicle too, from the automatic transmission to the exhaust gas recycling system. If a door rattles and it makes your princess-self feel emotional, then perhaps go buy a Japanese vehicle which will make you feel much more comfortable and in your safe space. You know the Japanese are very efficient. Despite all the propaganda we hear about them, their actual culture is very primitive and somewhat ruthless. Very similar to much poorer Asian nations. Go purchase your slave-made Japanese vehicle with everything working perfectly because it was basically designed for free under brutal working conditions. And stay away from American vehicles, you don't belong!

Last edited:

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, do you understand what it's like to just create a vehicle from thin air? It's quite the far stretch from banging two rocks together and throwing spears at fuzzy elephants. I can write a thick 900 page book on creating just the aluminum stock needed for the frame assembly, and not the fame assembly itself. You know, there's a million other components involved with a vehicle too, from the automatic transmission to the exhaust gas recycling system. If a door rattles and it makes your princess-self feel emotional, then perhaps go buy a Japanese vehicle which will make you feel much more comfortable and in your safe space. You know the Japanese are very efficient. Despite all the propaganda we hear about them, their actual culture is very primitive and somewhat ruthless. Very similar to much poorer Asian nations. Go purchase your slave-made Japanese vehicle with everything working perfectly because it was basically designed by a slave under brutal working conditions. And stay away from American vehicles, you don't belong!

Um.... Yeah.... Achieving high quality and fit and finish is not a bad thing, and Ford could stand to learn a few things from Toyota in this area. Defending poor quality isn't very logical, but to each his own I suppose!

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Um.... Yeah.... Achieving high quality and fit and finish is not a bad thing, and Ford could stand to learn a few things from Toyota in this area. Defending poor quality isn't very logical, but to each his own I suppose!

Defending poor quality? I'm defending vast, infinite manufacturing complexity, as obviously described in my previous message. Perhaps you didn't read this message, or failed to comprehend? Because your reply is somewhat perplexing.
You honestly have no idea how vehicles are designed in Japan. There are very few regulations, again very much similar to poorer Asian nations. Almost zero overhead in insurance policy and various guidelines in all manner of manufacturing and other regulation. Also, most workers, even engineers are payed very little. This is the reality of Japan. Very different from the picture we have of highly intelligent civilized beings. Their manufacturing and workforce economy are almost as primitive as Mexico and China.
Sure, most Japanese vehicles we drive are manufactured in the United States, which is good. But all the leg work, all the industrial design and testing, is done in basically a 3rd world nation (Japan) for a fraction of the cost. This is exactly why the Focus is not even produced in America anymore. You can pretty much thank the Japanese for that.

Last edited:

stricnine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Toyota’s quality is not good at all right now, especially with the 4Runner. I testt drove two TRD Pro’s, a SR5 and the TRD Off Road before turning to the Expedition. Every single one had death wobble. Upon further research I found out that this is a common issue in the steering column and they are potentially facing a class action law suit. So yeah, keep preaching Toyota, I’m not drinking that kool aid. Hahahahaha

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Defending poor quality? I'm defending vast, infinite manufacturing complexity, as obviously posted in my previous message. Perhaps you didn't read this message, or failed to comprehend? Because your reply is somewhat perplexing.
You honestly have no idea how vehicles are designed in Japan. There are very few regulations, again very much similar to poorer Asian nations. Almost zero overhead in insurance policy and various guidelines in all manner of manufacturing and other regulations. Also, most workers, even engineers are payed very little. This is the reality of Japan. Very different from the picture we have of highly intelligent civilized beings. Their manufacturing and workforce economy are almost as primitive as Mexico and China.
Sure, most Japanese vehicles we drive are manufactured in the United States, which is good. But all the leg work, all the industrial design and testing, is done in basically a 3rd world nation (Japan) for a fraction of the cost. This is exactly why the Focus is not even produced in America anymore. You can pretty much thank the Japanese for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, do you understand what it's like to just create a vehicle from thin air? It's quite the far stretch from banging two rocks together and throwing spears at fuzzy elephants. I can write a thick 900 page book on creating just the aluminum stock needed for the frame assembly, and not the fame assembly itself. You know, there's a million other components involved with a vehicle too, from the automatic transmission to the exhaust gas recycling system. If a door rattles and it makes your princess-self feel emotional, then perhaps go buy a Japanese vehicle which will make you feel much more comfortable and in your safe space. You know the Japanese are very efficient. Despite all the propaganda we hear about them, their actual culture is very primitive and somewhat ruthless. Very similar to much poorer Asian nations. Go purchase your slave-made Japanese vehicle with everything working perfectly because it was basically designed by a slave under brutal working conditions. And stay away from American vehicles, you don't belong!

I always thought it was ironic that so many Japanese vehicles are made in America, by Americans, and so many Ford, GM and FCA vehicles are made outside of America - such as in Mexico.

It is hard to define an “American vehicle” any longer.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always thought it was ironic that so many Japanese vehicles are made in America, by Americans, and so many Ford, GM and FCA vehicles are made outside of America - such as in Mexico.

It is hard to define an “American vehicle” any longer.

Agreed that the supply chain is truly global nowadays!

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If a door rattles and it makes your princess-self feel emotional, then perhaps go buy a Japanese vehicle which will make you feel much more comfortable and in your safe space.

If this isn't a reference to poor quality, forgive my ignorance. You obviously are the self proclaimed expert.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If this isn't a reference to poor quality, forgive my ignorance. You obviously are the self proclaimed expert.

Again, you persist in your self defined ignorance.
Perhaps you believe that designing a vehicle is a simple process, like serving food to you on a plate in some kind of princess castle?
Perhaps I did not properly define the economic and industrial frameworks American manufactures have to compete in? Do you even know how much an American designer or engineer makes in comparison to a so-called "highly intelligent" Japanese one?
Given the actual reality of vehicle production, Ford vehicles are beyond impressive when you actually understand how they are designed and manufactured. Even the cost cutting is impressive. Especially that.
Go back to your Honda Civic bro.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes