Piece of junk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Again, you persist in your self defined ignorance.
Perhaps you believe that designing a vehicle is a simple process, like serving food to you on a plate in some kind of princess castle?
Perhaps I did not properly define the economic and industrial frameworks American manufactures have to compete in? Do you even know how much an American designer or engineer makes in comparison to a so-called "highly intelligent" Japanese one?
Given the actual reality of vehicle production, Ford vehicles are beyond impressive when you actually understand how they are designed and manufactured. Even the cost cutting is impressive. Especially that.
Go back to your Honda Civic bro.

Not your bro there big boy. As a mechanical engineer, I’m familiar with the design process. Glad you get your jolly’s from belittling others on the forum. The OP was concerned about quality issues with his new 75k Expedition. I have also experienced quality issues with my 4th Gen Expy and feel Ford could improve in this area. Consumer expectations are high with large purchases and Ford has room for improvement.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...Keep in mind that Japan is also the only nation on this planet which managed to cause a serious disaster with a 21st century, modern, and expensive nuclear reactor, literally polluting the environment with the most toxic substance on earth (by scale).
This is something not even China has managed to accomplish, with all their infancy in poor quality slave labor and factory pollution.
Where is the mystical "highly intelligent" Japanese engineering now?
Most certainly residing behind the veil of tribal stupidity.

Last edited:

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not your bro there big boy. As a mechanical engineer, I’m familiar with the design process. Glad you get your jolly’s from belittling others on the forum. The OP was concerned about quality issues with his new 75k Expedition. I have also experienced quality issues with my 4th Gen Expy and feel Ford could improve in this area. Consumer expectations are high with large purchases and Ford has room for improvement.

I highly doubt you are a genuine Expedition owner, or even know how to purchase the right Ford vehicle.
It would not surprise me if you actually drove a Honda Civic, I find this to be very likely. Especially regarding the history of your posts here on this message board. You don't seem to ever contribute any useful information.
One must ask what you are really doing here.
You also seem to hate Ford, though this is only an assumption.
Perhaps you are here in need of financial advice? Do you know what salary is reasonably required to even afford a $20,000 dollar Honda Civic?
You must excuse my assumption that you do not.

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...Keep in mind that Japan is also the only nation on this planet which managed to cause a serious disaster with a 21st century, modern, and expensive nuclear reactor, literally polluting the environment with the most toxic substance on earth (by scale).
This is something not even China has managed to accomplish, with all their infancy in poor quality slave labor and factory pollution.
Where is the mystical "highly intelligent" Japanese engineering now?
Most certainly residing behind the veil of tribal stupidity.

Between just us, tell us, where did the Japanese touch you? Here show us on the doll...

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I highly doubt you are a genuine Expedition owner, or even know how to purchase the right Ford vehicle.
It would not surprise me if you actually drove a Honda Civic, I find this to be very likely. Especially regarding the history of your posts here on this message board. You don't seem to ever contribute any useful information.
One must ask what you are really doing here.
You also seem to hate Ford, though this is only an assumption.
Perhaps you are here in need of financial advice? Do you know what salary is reasonably required to even afford a $20,000 dollar Honda Civic?
You must excuse my assumption that you do not.

I choose not to engage in a battle of wits with someone who is obviously unarmed. Have a nice day.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Between just us, tell us, where did the Japanese touch you? Here show us on the doll...

Nowhere? Or are you pretending the notion of Japanese superiority is not common to the point in where it needs to be addressed such as I have?

I choose not to engage in a battle of wits with someone who is obviously unarmed. Have a nice day.

No, you are simply ignoring the logic presented by myself, and making incoherent replies, probably because you cant think of anything better to say? Again assumptions.
Are you just disregarding everything I mention here, by pretending it does not exist? The way you reply is fascinating. Please try to at least quote something other than the cheap shots I make at you.
If you can.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ours has been wildly reliable. 60,000 miles and we have had one issue that was serious but quickly addressed. a loose ground wire in passengers floor board that was causing some serious electrical issues. my only "quality" complaint is the sunroof rattle. i never took it in to have it looked at but my god, it drove me nuts!!!!! crack it even .5" it would stop. we have abused this thing. we live on a gravel road that washboards and ruts at times. we live at 4,000 ft elevation and have NO straight roads, you are eather braking or accelerating. it would be tough to put one through the ringer like we have, and i am 100% satisfied!! so much so that we actually just replaced it with a brand new 2019 Platinum!!

Rossue

Reaction score
First long distance drive with our 3 month old expedition max platinum. First the horn stops working, then the ford synch 3 Bluetooth cuts in and out and now the back latch on the trunk rattles non stop. 9000 miles on it.
Are you sure the rattle isn't the Dealer's plastic license plate holder? I had to get in the back while my wife drove and couldn't believe it, yet was relieved to was a simple fix.

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Coming from a pair of Toyotas in a Highlander and 4runner now to our 2019 expedition I will say that I'm not entirely satisfied with the quality of a few things. I am by no means a Toyota fan boy btw... Those were the first and only 2 we've ever owned.

My 3 gripes that ours will be going in for is
-panaromic sunroof rattle, after researching a little on the f150 boards there seems to be no remedy for this

-the drive side door panel arm rest creaks and cracks like a mother anytjme you drive over bumps or lean your knee against it

-red stiching on driver seat is starting to unravel... I don't know if that's the correct term.. this should be an easy fix lol.

One other complaint but I know is just the way the vehicle is is that man this vehicle is a rough ride at low speeds on back bumpy roads... I've had cars lowered on cheapy coilovers that were about the same ride quality.

Aside from all of that I absolutely love the expedition. Wish I could keep some miles off of it but I enjoy driving the thing too much lol.