Piece of junk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Besides, there isn’t much out there that meets our needs like this Navigator does. I wish it had a little more off road prowess but it meets our needs and then some.

2021 GMC’s will be announced in 4 weeks....stay tuned.

Unless you’re unable to shop other brands it should be really interesting to see what they do. I think they held off/delayed as long as they did because the level of refinement the navigator had threw them for a loop.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Unless you’re unable to shop other brands it should be really interesting to see what they do. I think they held off/delayed as long as they did because the level of refinement the navigator had threw them for a loop.
We have a 2018 Nav now, no way I’m leaving the party this soon.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score

From what I can see the unveiling will be Dec 10th, and they won't be available for purchase till some time in 2020. I'd expect to see a mid year release at the earliest so that the 20s can get off the lots... Who knows tho! If they look anything like the current Chevy truck line up, they are going to be quite controversial.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what I can see the unveiling will be Dec 10th, and they won't be available for purchase till some time in 2020. I'd expect to see a mid year release at the earliest so that the 20s can get off the lots... Who knows tho! If they look anything like the current Chevy truck line up, they are going to be quite controversial.

No doubt about that. The new ford exteriors are carbon copies of the outgoing GMC’s but IMO, that’s a good thing. If they go full freightrain front end like the gmc trucks, they are going to scare the soccer moms that buy these things.

Something happened in the GM redesign. They either struggled to figure out the IRS or they didn’t like the final look of the suvs or they had to pause to add ‘more’ to them to better compete with the fords.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No doubt about that. The new ford exteriors are carbon copies of the outgoing GMC’s but IMO, that’s a good thing. If they go full freightrain front end like the gmc trucks, they are going to scare the soccer moms that buy these things.

Something happened in the GM redesign. They either struggled to figure out the IRS or they didn’t like the final look of the suvs or they had to pause to add ‘more’ to them to better compete with the fords.

I believe the horrible reaction to the silverado at launch made them rethink some things with the suvs.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First long distance drive with our 3 month old expedition max platinum. First the horn stops working, then the ford synch 3 Bluetooth cuts in and out and now the back latch on the trunk rattles non stop. 9000 miles on it.

Interesting nugget I heard yesterday...longish story but..,

I’m undecided on my next suv. I am not really excited by any of them so I’m probably going to go used and drive something for a year or two until I really know what I want. I very much like the navigator but the wife hates the back of it (I tend to agree). Anyway, I have a friend that runs a high end auto acquisition/consignment company (clients have him acquire high end cars for them). He is monitoring auctions for me to get a 2019 under 10k miles suv. Navigator and a few others are on his watch list.

He called me yesterday to update me and said that for whatever reason the majority of Lincoln’s he’s seeing are either 2.5 condition or below (mostly due to major cigarette smoke) or are buybacks/assisted trades.

Not sure why so many smoker vehicles but as far as buybacks go I’m chalking it up to first year (early second year) build bugs. Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Last edited: