Poll about 5.4l V8 and mileage

5.4l V8 and mileage

• You are under 100k and have had major issues.

Votes: 44 8.3%
  • You are over 100k and have had no major issues.

Votes: 223 42.1%
  • You are over 150k miles.

Votes: 164 30.9%
  • You are over 200k miles.

Votes: 87 16.4%
  • You are over 300k miles.

Votes: 12 2.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2008 expedition EL limited 4x4 - 212,638 miles starter motor died, doesn’t use any oil between oil changes and has been extremely reliable. TPMS died but all other electrics work correctly.

MpiersD

Reaction score
2008 Eddie Bauer, 2wd, 186000 miles, just purchased 2 months ago.
I've had to replace one of the coil packs so far, it was the wrong part altogether and causing an intermittent miss. And I've also rewired all the lights on the front as all of the connectors were dry rotted and corroded.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
~210k now. Driven very little this year. Off the top of my head I have replaced/repaired: all climate controlled seat components, backup camera, both rear shocks, the 3 coolant hoses with the "quick" (haha!) disconnects, 1 front axle seal, front diff resealed, oil pan resealed, water pump, all intake manifold gaskets, drive belt, tensioner, couple idler pulleys, 2 blend door actuators, both power running boards (replacements have since failed), rear hatch window strut ... I think that's everything outside of the usual maintenance items (brakes, tires, plugs, oil, etc.).