Polyeruthane or Kevlar Body Mounts for 2008 Ford Expedition Limited 5.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jst ROM

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Subject: Body Mounts

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Expedition Limited | 210K miles

Searching for: Polyurethane or Kevlar body mounts

I've researched on body mounts, it seems that the ending of stronger Ford OEM body mounts ended around 2003-4 for the Expeditions. Energy Suspension has an entire body mounts kit from 1997 to 2000. I've emailed them as they replied back that there is no polyurethane nor Kevlar body mounts for 2000 and beyond. Does anyone know if Dorman body mounts are equal or better than the Ford's OEM body mounts? I assuming Ford has made softer body mounts to its existing suspension while degrading the durability and longevity (5-6yrs) of its product. I'm asking are there any other companies that sell polyurethane or Kevlar body mounts without getting them custom built for the Expy's?

Thank you.

rod_costa

Reaction score
I am also in search of better bushings for my 07 EL... no luck so far. I guess we are stuck with Ford OEM.

OP
OP
Jst ROM

Jst ROM

Reaction score
I am also in search of better bushings for my 07 EL... no luck so far. I guess we are stuck with Ford OEM.

Dorman's are the only aftermarket part that sells 07 Expy's and beyond. As far as I know Rock Auto sells them and for a good price ($25ea.), top & bottom mounts plus the bolt. If you go to dealership it's about $50+ea., but at FordGiantParts.com they are selling the OEM for $25 for the bushings excluding the bolt, they discontinued the bolt.

Naumoff

Reaction score
Part number for the bushings on the Ford F150 is the same as the Expedition.
It gives you more aftermarket choices.
So i ordered an aftermarket kit for a F150.
I haven't change them yet as the first bolt i went to remove the cage nut spun.
Weather has been crap here so i haven't been able to work on it to figure out how to get to the cage nuts on my 09.

OP
OP
Jst ROM

Jst ROM

Reaction score
Naumoff

If it's for the Expy and the cage nut has spun you're going to be digging into your upholstery. Replacing the 4 under your belly depends on if your cage nut doesn't spin, replacing all the bushings that's a huge job. The ones that are on the belly the front ones are located between the kick panel and brake peddle. It's where the floor slops upwards. Underneath the rug there will be an oval rubber cover, behind that cover you'll find your cage nut. For the rear is behind the B pillar, right behind the front seats. I haven't install mind and I"m going to let my mechanic install it for me, it's much easier to be installed with shop lift then using jacks and a crowbar. The only thing I'm regretting is the price of installment, $600 if the cage nut doesn't spin and if they do spin it will be $1,200 and this is a rough estimate.

Of my research on installment, you need to heat up the bolt so it expands and manually take it out with a breaker bar and then use a socket wrench to take it out. They also highly advised don't use an impact gun because it will strip out or dislodge the cage nut from its foundation.

I wish you a hole la, la, lot of luck installing body bushings if you're gonna do it by yourself.

Naumoff

Reaction score
Jst ROM
Thanks! That is the info i needed. Will be tackling this project this weekend.

OP
OP
Jst ROM

Jst ROM

Reaction score
Tommyddsr... Don't know about Naumoff if he installed his or not, as for mine I got my mechanic to install them. It took 7 hours to install them basically an entire day. I changed only the belly (4), and not the entire set (8), it made a huge difference it was like night and day from cavity shattering to a smooth cloud. Total of parts and labor $905.00.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Jst ROM. I see at least two of mine that look to be pretty well gone. Thinking about doing them all. Rides good now but I know that won't last.