Popping Noise From Rear A/C Blower '03 Expo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GJarrett

Reaction score
If you just want air to come out of the roof vents, put the control into that position, then when you get air out of the roof vents and the clicking starts, just unplug the actuator..Voila! No more clicking. I did this on mine until I could install a new actuator.

After learning that I couldn't simply leave it off, I did this and it worked. The actuator arm doesn't move and I now have it permanently on the roof position.

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
another victim of ford quality crap click sound in rear today, lucky I was reading the thread a while ago, and just switch the rear ac around and stop when the click stop.

this is my last ford truck suv, im moving back to chevy, they do not have great/best look interior like ford did, but atleast no problem

Piltdown911

Reaction score
You can buy a GM and know the government has more tax dollars to bail them out again.
Have fun with the ignition switch!!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all u have to do is replace the 2 little selector motors...maybe $50 for both and i got them from ebay...20 minutes later prob fixed

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the new GM vehicles, they use a buss wiring system that runs through the radio so you can't change the radio or the vehicle will not start. Also the way that system is designed, law enforcement or the government can send a signal to shut down your vehicle any time they want. I think I'll stick with the older technology.

Jeckler

Reaction score
I'm done replacing those stupid actuators. I've done the roof/floor one once and the hot/cold one twice. The latter lasted just over a year and last week started making noise again. And this was an OEM part. I'm simply unplugging it in the cold position and the kids can bring blankets if they need to. :)

Lucky1

Reaction score
Thumping At Max Position Only

Either way the system works fine but once I go the extreme side of the temp control I do hear a thumping noise. All i have to do is back it off slightly and the thumping goes away.

This is annoying and dont like to be limited. What needs to be replaced in order to not have the annoying thumping sound?

Thanks

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either way the system works fine but once I go the extreme side of the temp control I do hear a thumping noise. All i have to do is back it off slightly and the thumping goes away.

This is annoying and dont like to be limited. What needs to be replaced in order to not have the annoying thumping sound?

Thanks

The plastic gears in the actuator get stripped over time. You can use gears from a gen one actuator from a salvage yard or you can get a new actuator from the auto parts stores like Auto Zone or Rock Auto.