Popping Noise From Rear A/C Blower '03 Expo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or go to Tascafordparts.com...they have OEM parts for cheap

Mr. 10K

Jeckler

Reaction score
I've given up on replacing the hot/cold motor. I move it to cold in the summer, hot in the winter, and leave it unplugged in between.

Wilson

Reaction score
It's a super easy and cheap fix. I easily fixed my clicking noise with the rear a/c. It was this:

There are 2 actuators back there, you can easily unplug the the most difficult one to change, and if the clicking stops, it's that one that needs to be changed. EASY.

Wilson

Reaction score
instruction on removing plastic parts

on youtube search blend door or temp actuator on ford clicking noise.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just replace both... $50 in parts and 10 minutes to get to 8 screws

Mr. 10K

LEOL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is a common issue with some explorers, the rear blend motor gets stripped out and sticks, ultimately giving a perpetual clicking noise. There's a TSB on it, as well as tons of forum discussion and youtube videos on it if you google around,.. as i can only imagine this probably also applies to expeditions, as they use many interchangeable basic components. Try googling something like "explorer rear clicking" "or "expedition rear blend". I'd be suprised if there arent a few threads on this forum about it.

Ben F

Reaction score
I'm trying to replaces the temp blend door actuator (hard one). I cannot get this piece on for the life of me. Everyone says it's a 10min fix which it should probably be. I matched it up to my old. Same D shaft. Same size. Everything. Part 604-202 or OE #F5TZ19E616A. This actuator will not go back in so I can secure it. I don't know what's going on. I am beyond frustrated with this. I've read articles saying you have to adjust the hot/cold temp knobs. I tried that. Nothing. Tried all 3 the front dash, one above the driver, and middle row one on the floor behind the center console because I didn't know which one to try. I'm lost. Anybody know what the deal is?

Ben F

Reaction score
It's a super easy and cheap fix. I easily fixed my clicking noise with the rear a/c. It was this:

There are 2 actuators back there, you can easily unplug the the most difficult one to change, and if the clicking stops, it's that one that needs to be changed. EASY.

I'm currently trying to changed the harder one. Temp blend. I can't get this thing in for the life of me! I've tried everything part matches up. Seems to fit at first. Tried adjusting the temp in the dash. Nothing. Reached in there and took a picture of the hole and this metal piece seems to blocking it I guess. Any ifeas what it is or how to move it?

IMG_5705.PNG