Possible to add CCD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmag

Reaction score
Is it possible to add CCD suspension to an Expedition that didn’t have it from the factory? If so, what is all involved and how much does it cost?

Mxer0022

Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would be. Just a few things I can think of that would have to get changed or added 1) new shocks on all 4 corners 2) a module that controls the CCD 3) a new wiring harness that runs from the module to each shock and the camera involved. Would be way more of a pain to add than it would be worth I would assume.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would be. Just a few things I can think of that would have to get changed or added 1) new shocks on all 4 corners 2) a module that controls the CCD 3) a new wiring harness that runs from the module to each shock and the camera involved. Would be way more of a pain to add than it would be worth I would assume.
On top of this, ford doesn't sell the oem parts to public market, no after market manufacturers have even attempted to makes the necessary parts, and if you were to magically attain them, no service dept would want to gut the truck enough to install them.

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
Idk… I don’t see why not. it’s probably all just plug and play. What does the truck used to adjust ? Does it work similar to live valve raptor shocks ?

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Idk… I don’t see why not. it’s probably all just plug and play. What does the truck used to adjust ? Does it work similar to live valve raptor shocks ?
These shocks require all sorts of sensors as the system “reads” the road conditions and reacts in milliseconds. Also, the base damping is controlled by what drive mode you are in. You would have to get into all sorts of ECU codes.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By the time you spent the money for Ford prices for everything you'd need, you could easily have a really really good aftermarket setup.

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
By the time you spent the money for Ford prices for everything you'd need, you could easily have a really really good aftermarket setup.
What would that look like for stock height vehicle ? I’ve heard 5100s are more stuff. Would KYB provide a softer and better ride?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What would that look like for stock height vehicle ? I’ve heard 5100s are more stuff. Would KYB provide a softer and better ride?
It's a truck so there are limits to what you can do for ride quality. The springs have to be stiff enough to carry a certain payload. The best thing you could probably do for the ride quality is make sure your tire pressure is appropriate for the load you're carrying and go with smaller wheels.