Power running board issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bodyman

Reaction score
Right deployable step only goes part way out and part way in until you drive, little bit more each time I open and close the doors. It is NOT a lubrication problem , It’s definitely a repeated cycle. They go in and out fine with the options in the menu. Could it be a programming issue ?

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On our Expedition with the 4.5 year-old battery, the power steps will be slow to retract whenever the battery charge gets low. I hook it up to a trickle charger when it gets real noticeable.

As long as our driving is limited to local use, we'll try to hold off on buying another battery until we'll be traveling out of town or it just quits entirely. How old is your battery?

OP
OP
B

Bodyman

Reaction score
Battery is only a year old and tests good. Driver side works perfect ,passenger side takes several cycles to open and several to close. Closes fine as soon as you get around 5mph ! Acts like it is out of time and short cycles.

dhenderz

Reaction score
I've had the same issue with my new 2022 on the drivers side. Dealer tried a reflash, no better. Ultimately they ended up replacing the drive motor. Now it works fine.

bigboi66

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited and same issue with the passenger side. Been in multiple times and the keep lubing it. IT IS NOT helping. Bringing it back again as it is needed for the kids to get in and out.

For all warranties is there a deductible Everytime? I think it's crazy I keep paying $100 for the same issue multiple times.