Power Window wiring diagram 2000 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone have one. I have the diagram from my Haynes but it leaves alot to be desired. I currently have an issue with the passenger window not working properly. Replaced the regulator before I knew about the typical wiring issues. Cleaned the contacts on both the driver and passenger switch and nothing appears burnt or corroded. I can tell the driver side assembly has been out before because one of the mounting clips is broken.

Any assistance would be ideal.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Burn the Haynes Manual

Prints attached
Copied from the 2000 Ford Service Manual
You should get a copy 100-01.gif 100-02.gif 100-03.gif

OP
OP
T

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep may do that. I owned a Mazda Service manual for my 2004 6s and it was the best money I ever spent. Thanks for this.

OP
OP
T

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I been working on this stupid thing for a while and can't seem to nail down exactly what the issue is with it. I replaced the regulator when I first got the truck because the PO said it had a bad spot in it and would go down but not go back up. Being a ******* to start with I took the guy at his word on this vehicle.

Replaced the regulator/motor and well it didn't work. I pulled the switch out and checked the electrical on that side bypassing everything and I could get the window to go up and down. I have a steady 12V on the middle prong in the passenger side switch. I took it apart and cleaned it as best I could and it seem to work for about a month. Then it started with the window goes down but won't go up crap again. Convinced the switch was bad I ordered a new one and tried it last night. Same crap. this time had my youngest son helping me so I could get him to activate the switches on the other side while I was checking things on the other. The little guy figured out if he opened the door about 2" the window would go up.
So at this point I"m relatively sure its a broken wire in the drivers side door bundle.

The question I have is that its consistently the up side (sometimes it sticks going down but I know the polarity is just reversed on the motor). The middle pin on the passenger side switch is always hot so I assume this has to do with the wiring running back and forth for the lock out. Even if the window won't move I have 12v so I know its not the lock out. I figure its got to be 313 WH/YE that is the issue but I still don't get why I can't roll the window up with the passenger side switch if its a broken wire on the drivers side. It would be much easier if the wires in the door bundle were easier to see also.

I may take up drinking again......

I wouldn't' worry about it if my teenage son and his idiot friends wouldn't roll the window down when its raining when they all know it has issues.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't read all of your post But what you may want to try is take a hot and neg lead directly from the battery and connect them directly to the leads for the window motor. By reversing the leads you can get the motor to go up or down. Just connect one lead and then touch the second lead This will prove if your problem is the window motor or not

OP
OP
T

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did that...its how I know the motor is good and why I decided to take the switch out and try and clean up the contacts. Things worked about 2 weeks, now I'm back to where I was. New switch, same issue. With the difficulty chasing this issue a broken wire makes sense.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could run an external jumper from the drivers side switch to the passenger side switch if you suspect a broken wire
Between C509 Pin 4 and C609 pin 2 see the 2nd print