Powertrain fault- loss of lower gears

Timmaaay4

Reaction score
Just went to drop my kids off this morning. Remote started the vechiles about 5 mins before we left. Backed up came to a full stop and waited a couple of seconds after I moved the selector from reverse to drive before taking my foot off the brake. But it hesitated in reverse before moving forward. Then I received a message in the display with a big orange wrench and a message that said check the manual. See the attached picture from my ford app.
The gearing in drive would not go below forth gear and I had no torque. I but It in manual mode to see if I had 1st,2nd, or 3rd gear. I believe it just showed I it but I was really still in 4th as it didn't feel any differently.

After I got home I turned off and restarted wrench still there but I had the lower gears back.

My vehicle is a 2019 limited Max with about 53,000 mi on it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine just went yesterday for this same issue and needed a PCM update. However mine is a 2018 so you being a 2019 should already be running a newer version of the PCM code than I had.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your power train warranty should still be in effect. I would take the vehicle to a Ford dealer, to retrieve any codes and fix the vehicle. You could show them the picture you posted.