Preferred Battery for a Gen 1 Expy???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tjhoward84

Reaction score
What are people's preferred or recommended battery for a 1999 Expedition. I know it is group size 65. I was thinking Interstate from Costco.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
All batteries are made by one of three manufactures. East Penn, Exide and Johnson Controls. Your paying for basically the warranty and if the store installs it. I have a 84 month Motorcraft(recommended), I bought from the dealer(in 2014) with a coupon they sent in the mail. It was $85, Regular $105. Sams club has Duracell from around $100, 3yr warranty. AAA will come to the house and install the new battery, for around $135. Walmart has a 'Valupower' for $54 w/ a one year warranty. You can't beat that.

Last edited:

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
........ I was thinking Interstate from Costco.

Good choice...Interstate/Costco. Interstate is all that Costco carries. Comparable to most batteries on the market. Costco price is the best. Costco does not install batterie, but that shouldn't be a big deal. Just swap out the old with the new in the parking lot, and save a trip back for the core refund.

doodlebugs-93

Reaction score
I'm using the red Optima Battery in my 02 EB it's the duel terminal I'm using the side post for my plugin jumper cables and the top posts for the truck itself
I've had good luck with the optima batteries I'm still using the same one that I bought three years ago and it's still going strong, couldn't ask for anything more
tough in my opinion