Problem after problem!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBoudreaux2

Reaction score
Wednesday my vehicle killed on me on the side of the road, after getting with my shop foreman at work we came to the conclusion that I had a bad alternator. . . Yesterday I replaced my alternator and battery in my 2003 Expy XLT everything was working fine until this morning. I get in my truck and go to leave my apartment and notice that my battery meter is running low and eventually killed on me again. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

E36Graduate

Reaction score
Have you installed something aftermarket prior to this problem of a drained battery?

Do you have a volt meter you can put on your battery and see how much charge your getting when running? Your voltage regulator may be malfunctioning too?

OP
OP
B

BBoudreaux2

Reaction score
Have you installed something aftermarket prior to this problem of a drained battery?

Do you have a volt meter you can put on your battery and see how much charge your getting when running? Your voltage regulator may be malfunctioning too?

No I haven't installed anything aftermarket. It's all Napa parts that I installed (Alternator, Battery) I have a voltage meter at my shop but im stuck at home right now with no way to get it and check it. Something I did notice is that my battery light on my dash flickers on and off like there might be a loose wire but I checked my connections to the battery and everything is tight. (Maybe a bad connection or faulty wire going to the alternator?)

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
fist I would suggest that you get a copy of the Ford Service Manual on DVD only good for PC windows Not MAC Send me a PM if interested and I will give you some information on the DVD

Also suggest that you do a parasitic draw test to find out what is causing the battery drain

Check all of your battery wires for tightness Corrosion etc and the ground wire Neg battery wire.

Check to see if the belt on the alternator is tight and not slipping

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Prints
These may help
I will be away for a few hours Keep me posted

Attachments

• 12-01.pdf
    31.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 12-02.pdf
    31.6 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
B

BBoudreaux2

Reaction score
I'm an Idiot! :Stupid Me: I just finished fixing the problem. Apparently when I was hooking everything up yesterday I forgot to connect the cable going from my alternator to my battery. Too much on my mind and being in a rush I must of just overlooked it. Anyways problem solved and besides a slight case of embarrassment all is good :driver:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't be embarrassed You are not the only one to do something like that But I will give you credit for admitting it Glad you got it fixed

Now on to the next problem.