Problem with the cabin air temperature sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbrown6061

Reaction score
2007 Expedition, Eddie Bauer model. AC blows cold (lowest temp at the vent is 48 degrees). Heater works great, and I can control the temperature of the HEAT via the individual/digital temperature settings (driver or passenger settings) on the console. What I CAN'T do is control the temperature of the AC via changing those same digital settings. (Basically no matter what temp the driver/passenger temp settings are set to, even after pressing "Auto", the AC blows at 48 degrees). I already replaced the blend motor actuator last year, so I'm fairly confident that isn't the problem.. and I can control the heat temp. My best guess is the cabin air temp sensor? (Ford part number YH479) but I can't figure out WHERE this is? Thanks for the help!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't see that name on the component list but the evap temp sensor is located on the top center of the plenum box.

OP
OP
R

rbrown6061

Reaction score
Stamp11127 - thanks.. I was only guessing as to what component/sensor it could be.. Do you feel strongly that it could be the "evap temp sensor"? Forgive me for asking, but, I'm assuming the plenum box is inside/behind the dash? Just thought it was strange that I COULD control the amount of heat at the vent via changing the digital controls - but NOT the temp of the AC air.. Maybe two different sensors/systems? Final question (for now) please: Is this something I could change myself as a layman mechanic - or is this something best left to the dealer or real mechanic?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Access it through the glove box door. Once it is lowered and out of the way you should be able to see it on top of the box.