Problems after track day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BooneSS13

Reaction score
Took my ****/E30 2016 Navigator L to the track yesterday and ran 13.62 @98.9mph launching in 4wd. Drove the truck home and ran fine with no issues until the next day. Drove to church and back, went to the grocery store and in the grocery store parking lot I started getting the most violent shifts into second gear I've ever felt. This felt like I got rear-ended by someone and got worse and worse. It's also making a noise similar to a fan rubbing against something. I also hear a metallic rattle noise when going over bumps. The transmission also feels like it's slipping when going up a steep hill in first gear and then jerks into second

Now this only happens at one speed I'm talking five to 10 mph. All the symptoms and noises seem to go away when I get up to cruising speeds. Can anyone please help me with this?

WhiteFalcon

Reaction score
Check your transmission wiring harness and connectors. Did something chafe or get burned on the exhaust?

OP
OP
B

BooneSS13

Reaction score
On E30/Meth tune 2 weeks and 1 track day (4 passes).
On 93/meth octane I'd say a few thousand and a 6 track passes. Lots of data log pulls though.