Problems programming third key for 2017 Ford Expedition XLT with Sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a third key and remote from keylessremotewarehouse.com and verified that it is the key I need. I programmed it so the remote buttons work.

I had it cut so the key would open the door and turn the car to the on position.
I am trying to program the third key to start the SUV.

I got one key when I bought the vehicle. I had Liberty Lock & Key program a 2nd one (without the remote buttons). That works fine.

I can insert the first two keys and see the default factory code to set the door keypad.

I am following the instructions in the 2017 Ford Expedition manual (page 62) to program the 3rd key.
When I insert the third key I keep getting the message:
"Starting System Fault"
Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
John M

John M

Reaction score
I finally was able to program an additional key.
I bought it here:
https://www.ikeyless.com/keys-and-remot ... y-newuncut

and used a test version of FORScan 2.3.17 test20180818. I imagine it would work with the latest production software.

Now I'm trying to figure out if the key I can't program is the right key. When I open the key up I see
B736P PBT. I've searched all over and haven't found out what the code means. Any ideas?