Problems with bambi mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longtalltechsan

Reaction score
Hello all. I got the FORScan program and programmer last weekend and have had reasonable success. I was able to do most of the things I want, but one thing that I can’t seem to get activated is the Bambi mode. I did get my fog lights to come on as DRL’s and those work great. However bambi mode doesn’t seem to work. I have followed the code and entered it several times with no joy. Per the sheet I have, I am going to line 726-11-01 in the BCM. I am changing the last number of the first group to 2. It isn’t working.

One other thing I have trouble with is I have tried changing the theme, background startup screen and the drive in movie mode. Now I will say that I haven’t narrowed it down between these 3 that are giving the issue, but the issue is that the clock resets when I turn off the engine. I can set the clock to the right time, it works, and then when I come back awhile later to start the engine, the clock reads 12:00.

Does anyone have any hints on what I’m doing wrong on these? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This should have been posted in the FORSCAN area. Moderators, can you please move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello all. I got the FORScan program and programmer last weekend and have had reasonable success. I was able to do most of the things I want, but one thing that I can’t seem to get activated is the Bambi mode. I did get my fog lights to come on as DRL’s and those work great. However bambi mode doesn’t seem to work. I have followed the code and entered it several times with no joy. Per the sheet I have, I am going to line 726-11-01 in the BCM. I am changing the last number of the first group to 2. It isn’t working.

One other thing I have trouble with is I have tried changing the theme, background startup screen and the drive in movie mode. Now I will say that I haven’t narrowed it down between these 3 that are giving the issue, but the issue is that the clock resets when I turn off the engine. I can set the clock to the right time, it works, and then when I come back awhile later to start the engine, the clock reads 12:00.

Does anyone have any hints on what I’m doing wrong on these? Thanks!

Are you following the sheet that is posted in the 15+ FORSCAN thread?

OP
OP
L

Longtalltechsan

Reaction score
This should have been posted in the FORSCAN area. Moderators, can you please move?

And the reason why I did not put it in the forscan area is because the activity level in that forum is much less than this one. I can see how it could go in that forum but it could also go in this form too because it’s dealing with the third generation expedition.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you save your Factory settings? If so, set them back.

Try one change in one module at a time.

I have a 2017 Limited EL 4x4 and the Bambi Settings worked for me.

As far as the Sync Settings, What year is your Expy?

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And the reason why I did not put it in the forscan area is because the activity level in that forum is much less than this one. I can see how it could go in that forum but it could also go in this form too because it’s dealing with the third generation expedition.

He ment this forum, in the forscan area, not a whole nother forum.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

Longtalltechsan

Reaction score
Did you save your Factory settings? If so, set them back.

Try one change in one module at a time.

I have a 2017 Limited EL 4x4 and the Bambi Settings worked for me.

As far as the Sync Settings, What year is your Expy?

Yes I did save the settings and got things reverted to stock with no problems. I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this before. I’ll keep tinkering with it and see.

But yeah I figured I’d go through one setting at a time and figure out which one it was that was causing the issue.

Mine is a 2017 XLT.

OP
OP
L

Longtalltechsan

Reaction score
He ment this forum, in the forscan area, not a whole nother forum.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I realize he meant that but as of my original posting last night there hadn’t been any new activity in a week in the forscan forum so I wanted to post it where someone would see it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I realize he meant that but as of my original posting last night there hadn’t been any new activity in a week in the forscan forum so I wanted to post it where someone would see it.

Several of us have notifications set for many areas of the site. I would have seen it and answered!