Pulled cluster to install leds and now it won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pclaythomas

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have an 01 Expedition and changed out the stock bulbs for leds. I did have to solder a couple as they didn't fit as tightly as they should. Went to put the cluster back in and crank it. Cranked and started then died. Now it just turns over. Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time cause you guys are the BEST!!!
Also, this is my only ride so I gotta figure this out!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hopefully you don't have to tow to a dealer/shop to reflash the computer. Happens when you pull the speedo sometimes. Try the battery first. God I hate new cars, they screw us up, but thieves still figure ways to steal them. Been going on since chip keys were started. When are the manufactures going to stop this, and let the average Joe work on his/her car? Put in a failsafe code that owner can key in on phone or whatever.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Standard no start troubleshooting now. Easiest check is fuel pressure. You should have around 35 psi on the fuel rail before cranking. The PCM will energize the fuel pump for @2 sec then shut off unless engine is running.