Pulled cluster to install leds and now it won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Pclaythomas

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for the tips! Neither cluster shows any damage or burnt areas. The fuel pump isn't coming on. I reached out to the seller and it's still under warranty. They reassured me a replacement is on the way. I also did the jumper wire thing and still nothing. Also, the battery is only 6 months old and is on a charger.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Rapid flashing theft light, is a security activation or a bad key. I had the same issue. I locked the doors, with the door button, with keys in the ignition. 1.Try unlocking with the remote and re-insert the key or spare key. 2. Try disconnecting battery, then switch on headlights. That will drain any remaining voltage.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't say "retarded" anymore. You may hurt someones feelings and all of us will have to move back to Europe plus give the nation back to the Indians. Excuse me, Native Americans...

The term used today is "special needs".....

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, 41 replies and we are now informed it is covered by a warranty.

I think he meant the cluster is under warranty. Not the truck. He answered the problem itself. He said he sprayed starting fluid past the butterflies and it started for a second. There is the answer, put in the original gauges, with the LED's and trouble shoot power to the fuel pump. Not sure what's causing no power, but that's the problem or the fuel pump went bad?