Pulls right when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Many years ago I worked at a dealership. I had some wire coat hangers and bent them to use as hangers for calipers I took off so the caliper never hung by the hose. I was the only one there who did that. Some of the guys would slip the caliper off and let it drop and swing. Follow my example and not those guys if you want the hoses to last.
See I just learned something else today from this thread. I’m guilty of letting the calipers hang from the hoses. I had never really thought about it much but you pointing this out makes great sense. Thanks for the tip! Mr. Bad Wrench must really be Mr. Bad Mo Fo Wrench!

Last edited:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope you can take a joke... JM

If the engine, transfer case, transmission and diff are completely dry, I'd add fluids as soon as possible. Surprised it has not locked/seized up.

:drink_nl: Hey, it's my birthday soon and I'm starting early. :emotions33: (I know what you meant tho)

I do now notate you mention on the outside...
The joke is on you , everything was dry on the inside...…….:emotions33:....…(just my dry humor)

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See I just learned something else today from this thread. I’m guilty of letting the calipers hang from the hoses. I had never really thought about it much but you pointing this out makes great sense. Thanks for the tip! Mr. Bad Wrench must really be Mr. Bad Mo Fo Wrench!
Ouch, they are too delicate for that, I always use a bunji cord just because there is always one lying around. Sometimes you can just rest them somewhere up high but you take a chance doing that.

OP
OP
Jason Mankey

Jason Mankey

Reaction score
I hope you can take a joke... JM

If the engine, transfer case, transmission and diff are completely dry, I'd add fluids as soon as possible. Surprised it has not locked/seized up.

:drink_nl: Hey, it's my birthday soon and I'm starting early. :emotions33: (I know what you meant tho)

I do now notate you mention on the outside...

Ummmmmm.....I guess you have been less than dry yourself.

How did Shakespeare say it? (In my best drunken theater actor voice) Doth my adult beverages overflow my cup! (hiccup added at end for emphasis)

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ouch, they are too delicate for that, I always use a bunji cord just because there is always one lying around. Sometimes you can just rest them somewhere up high but you take a chance doing that.
Yeah I always try to set them up on the frame or a suspension part but have had them fall before not really thinking about the internal damage that could happen. Having them fall off probably causes more damage with the snap of the weight then just gently letting them hang. Either way isn’t good and now I know better for sure. My thinking before was that if I cause them to tear or leak externally then they weren’t worthy in the first place. But now I’m thinking about the internal damage that one can’t see.

pitdexion

Reaction score
The hoses collapse inside the bracket. ****** split crimps. Cut mine open for a look and the right front was squished shut.

The Wiped Cam

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just did this on mine two days ago. Truck was pulling left under mild-to-hard braking conditions. Passenger-side front hose was the culprit in my case. Contrary to other people's experiences, I have never had a stuck caliper on a Ford truck before. Anyway, If you do have a hose issue and you end up replacing it, don't forget to research whether or not you can bleed your brakes using Forscan. Not really a biggie if you can't bleed it that way. I do, however, feel a much stiffer pedal with a computerized bleed.

BTW: I replaced my hose with an AC Delco unit, since that's what uncle Bezos likes to deliver ASAP.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks all for your input! For my own curiosity I am going to get it up in the air and check out the suspension just to be safe with the mileage I have. I suspect it will all look fine.

If it does, I will order hoses for both sides. If one has gone bad, the other probably is not to far behind. And I can get a good pair of hoses for $32 shipped. So it's pretty cheap. The local stores want $40 each around here.

NO! Don't go the cheap hose route as that is part of the problem, only OEM hoses. I had the same issues on my '06.