Pulls right when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jason Mankey

Jason Mankey

Reaction score
NO! Don't go the cheap hose route as that is part of the problem, only OEM hoses. I had the same issues on my '06.

I purchased AC Delco Professional hoses. I have been using AC Delco Professional parts for many years on many vehicles. They are not cheap. Most AC Delco Professional parts I buy are better than the OEM parts. The few that were not better than OEM parts were just as good as OEM. Just because something is less expensive, does not make it inferior quality. Specifications matter. ***Note that like most companies, AC Delco offers several levels of parts quality. I only use the "Professional" series of AC Delco parts as that is their highest quality series of parts.

I am not sure what the over / under was on my fix. I think I should get at least a good 10% of the take....but it was the hoses.

I installed new hoses on all 4 wheels and bled the system. I got up to interstate speeds and stopped quite hard. With my new rotors and pads as well, my Expy WILL stop. It stops perfectly straight now. I can stop normally without touching the wheel and the truck stays straight. I am very pleased.

I have seen hoses rot out and leak....or start to break where they are crimped at the ends and leak, but this is a new one to me. We took our time (it got hot outside and we took several cool off breaks) so it took about 3 hours to do all 4 wheels, but it wasn't hard. It was certainly easier than installing the new parking shoes with new hardware. That was a pain in the anatomy.

Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn finally one of my uneducated guesses paid dividends..... well not exactly but glad to hear you got it resolved. Mr. Sticker was spot on also.

mrbadwrench

Reaction score
I just started a similar problem. Pulls to the left when braking once in a while. It's barely noticeable and doesn't happen often. Today I jacked up the right front and removed, cleaned, and greased the guide pins. This is a small enough problem so far I can take my time. My question is, what size allen are you guys using to remove the guide pins? Mine are allen head, but 7 mm is too big, 1/4", which Google tells me is 6.35 mm is too small. I used a T45 Torx which fit well but I'd rather have a hex bit that fits. Is this a weird Ford thing or did someone replace the guide pins with some oddball aftermarket parts?

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just started a similar problem. Pulls to the left when braking once in a while. It's barely noticeable and doesn't happen often. Today I jacked up the right front and removed, cleaned, and greased the guide pins. This is a small enough problem so far I can take my time. My question is, what size allen are you guys using to remove the guide pins? Mine are allen head, but 7 mm is too big, 1/4", which Google tells me is 6.35 mm is too small. I used a T45 Torx which fit well but I'd rather have a hex bit that fits. Is this a weird Ford thing or did someone replace the guide pins with some oddball aftermarket parts?
It should be 9mm in the front and 7 in the rear.