Purchasing a used 2017 EL - Rentals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes there are turn signals in the mirrors (and they are also heated with memory) but you'll find they don't power-fold. That was an upgrade reserved for Limited, King Ranch, and Platinum models.

I had my choice between a limited with 53k miles and the loaded XLT with 33k. Both CPO, both 17s. The limited was low level, no moon roof or power boards or load leveling shocks. It was also from the east coast, whereas the XLT was from California so I figured having 20k more miles of warranty coverage and no exposure to salt trumped push button start, power fold mirrors and heated rear seats. Time will tell I guess....

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
If you want a loaded XLT, look for one with Equipment Group 202A that includes Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow, Remote Start, Heated/Cooled Seats, Memory Seats/Pedals/Mirrors, Dual-Zone Climate, Ambient Lighting, 3rd Row PowerFold Seats, an 8-inch center dash touch screen, upgraded instrument cluster, and Premium Sound. After that, look for one that also has Navigation and Moonroof. Those were standalone options that were not included in the 202A package.
My 2017 XLT has all that plus the power-fold, integrated turn signal mirrors.

Interesting that the VIN shows it as either an XLT or King Ranch but doesn't define which.

-- Chuck

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2017 XLT has all that plus the power-fold, integrated turn signal mirrors.

Interesting that the VIN shows it as either an XLT or King Ranch but doesn't define which.

-- Chuck

It must be a king ranch, power fold (pull back on the mirror control and the mirror housing folds up against the truck) was not an XLT option or they've been retrofitted....

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes there are turn signals in the mirrors (and they are also heated with memory) but you'll find they don't power-fold. That was an upgrade reserved for Limited, King Ranch, and Platinum models.
I have a 17 XLT EL and my mirrors have power fold.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Optional 202A package on a 2017 XLT included, among many things, power fold side mirrors.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, this is interesting! My 2017 XLT has 202A and I do *not* have power-fold outside mirrors. I *do* have turn signals in the mirrors though. . .

While shopping around I noticed many 2017 trucks were labeled "XLT/King Ranch" so there seems to be some sort of labeling confusion. I'd imagine though that a proper King Ranch would be readily identifiable with badging, special leather interior, and more options.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2017 brochure says:

XLT Standard:
  • Mirrors – Black, power, heated sideview with integrated blind spot mirrors and security approach lamps
Limited Standard:
  • Mirrors – Body-color, power-adjustable/-folding, heated sideview with auto-dimming driver’s side, integrated blind spot mirrors, security approach lamps, integrated turn signal indicators and memory feature
King Ranch/Platinum Standard:
  • Mirrors – Chrome, power-adjustable/-folding, heated sideview with auto-dimming driver’s side, security approach lamps, integrated turn signal indicators and memory feature
Limited Appearance Package:
  • Mirrors – Magnetic-painted, power-adjustable/-folding, heated sideview with auto-dimming driver’s side, integrated blind spot mirrors, security approach lamps, integrated turn signal indicators and memory feature
202A Package for XLT:
  • Equipment Group 202A – Includes select content of 201A + heated and cooled 1st-row seats with 10-way power passenger seat; leather trim with perforated inserts on 1st- and 2nd-row seats; powertilt/-telescoping steering column; memory feature for driver’s seat, power-adjustable pedals, steering column and sideview mirrors; Remote Start System; dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control; SYNC 3 (8" color LCD capacitive touchscreen in center stack with swiping capability, HD Radio Technology, 911 Assist, AppLink and 2 smart-charging USB ports); leather-wrapped shift knob; 110-volt power outlet; ambient lighting; integrated sideview mirror turn signal indicators + Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package includes Class IV hitch receiver, 7- and 4-pin connectors, heavy-duty auxiliary transmission oil cooler, heavy-duty radiator, electronic brake wiring kit and integrated trailer brake controller.

My 2017 XLT build sheet says I got:
  • Power/Heated/Memory Fold Back Mirror
  • With Black Exterior Mirror
  • With Signal Mirror System

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I have the Equipment Group 202A (not 201A, sorry). And the mirrors listed by Star-Art. The truck is Absolute Black and everything but the grill, door handles, trim around all the lights, and wheels are black. And some little badges on the rear.

Specifically notes "Less Daytime Running Lamps" but I was able to activate the fogs as DRLs via Forscan.

-- Chuck

Last edited:

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
  • Equipment Group 201A – 1st-row bucket seats with 10-way power driver’s seat, including power lumbar; 6-way power front-passenger seat; leather-trimmed 1st- and 2nd-row seats; PowerFold 3rd-row seat; and power liftgate
:)