Question on 2016 expedition noise in rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinj229

Reaction score
59k miles just had a brake job done and now am hearing noise from back rear - it sounds like a creaking type noise - I can make
The noise even when getting up on the running boards without even driving but it I can also hear it at low speeds as well. Ford that did my brakes and rotors under warranty said it’s a rear strut but they didn’t look at it but for a quick few minutes. Is this the right track or is that pretty quick to go bad at 59k miles. I read somewhere maybe lubricate the rear sway bar bushing? Where would that be located if that could be the culprit?

StephenOsborne1

Reaction score
Could be a sway bar bushing. Find the rear sway bar and follow it laterally toward the wheel and find where it connects to the lower a-arm. The rubber part is the bushing.
Struts do go bad (they are a wear item like brakes.) Some shocks/ struts are recommended to be replaced by 50,000 miles.

OP
OP
J

justinj229

Reaction score
Could be a sway bar bushing. Find the rear sway bar and follow it laterally toward the wheel and find where it connects to the lower a-arm. The rubber part is the bushing.
Struts do go bad (they are a wear item like brakes.) Some shocks/ struts are recommended to be replaced by 50,000 miles.
Would you recommend replacing bushing or spraying silicone spray on it?

StephenOsborne1

Reaction score
Would you recommend replacing bushing or spraying silicone spray on it?
Spraying it will only work for a little while until more dirt gets into it. Then it'll be even worse. I'd just replace it if it's really bothering you. They're cheap and easy to get. You might be able to take it apart and just clean it really well for now with brake parts cleaner or water.

OP
OP
J

justinj229

Reaction score
Here’s the noise Stephen - son is just putting pressure on driver side running board

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze