Questions about my ssv model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashy828

Reaction score
I just picked up an 09 SSV for my wife to drive

49k miles

She has a few issues with it that I'm sure a common place here.

She wants to add the 3rd row

And it has no center console

In town I have found an 06 with a center console but I dont know if it will fit in the 09. I know they changed to gen 3 in 07. With that being said this particular vehicle (the one we just got) has the shifter in the steering column as apposed to the center console.

I'm wondering if the 3rd row from the one in the local scrap yard(06) will fit in the 09

My other options are I found a good price on all the parts I need from an 08. But the catch is it's a 5 hour drive one way.

And my final question is
If I buy all of this stuff will I have a problem installing it or am I completely just wasting my time?

Any advice would be helpful and I will upload photos of my vehicle for reference

20200712_210517.jpg

20200712_202748.jpg

20200712_202743.jpg

20200712_202737.jpg

20200712_202734.jpg

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll sell a powered 3rd row out of 04 Eddie Bauer for 150 plus shipping to wherever. I'll include the wiring pigtails, switches and 3rd row seat belts.
let me know whether you are interested, please.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While a 06 center console might fit, its going to plain and simple look terribly out of place, might as well pull one from a Toyota or keep whats in it. The Gen 2/Gen 3 dash shape, interior colors, sheen, grain - all of it will be different between a 06 and your 09.

If I was in your boat, I'd ideally try to find a similar year Ford truck with column shift with a center console. This would be most likely a supercab truck as opposed to supercrew, but you'll still be limited. That console could match aesthetically.

Option 2 would see about a 2nd row center console out of a 07-17 Navigator and install it up front. Likely will need some bracketry magic.

Option 3 would be the regular Expedition center console and somehow maybe make the open area for the shifter into some sort of cubby. The HVAC and rear controls would just be dummies I suppose.

You should find a few threads here on adding 3rd row. If I remember correctly you'll need D-pillar interior trim for seatbelts. Seatbelt holes are there but you'll need to tap threads, but the metal is somewhat soft and the junkyard bolts are self-tapping. The electrical part for self-folding, couple ways of doing it.

Example of a column-shift F150 center console, with captains chairs:
-installed-center-console-need-new-screws-dsc02101.jpg

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW
i did exactly this in my 04 SSV. I was surprised to find the shoulder belts already in place behind the D pillar interior trim; all i had to do was thread them through the slots in the trim.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes