Quick seat heater fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJFord

Reaction score
We have a 2015 XLT with heated/cooled seats. This summer the passenger seat heater began firing up when the driver seat cooling or heating button was pushed. The passenger side button would light up and would turn off when pushed. Similar problem threads exist on this forum, but this problem is a little different and the solution remarkably simple when accidentally found. The passenger seat heater would even fire up even when an incoming phone call came in! Truly strange. We were on a long trip so decided to live with the strangeness until reaching our home base. This happened several times a day and we found it highly amusing but feared an expensive fix would be required. And then one day out of frustration I tried something different. When a call came in and the passenger seat heater lit up, I used the touch screen to access the seat controls to turn the heater off rather than using the dashboard button. Viola! The seat heater turned off and has functioned normally from that day onward. No hot butt ensues following a phone call anymore. So rather than some electrical contact having burned out, I believe there is some software gremlin living in the system which somehow rebooted via touchscreen. If you're having similar weirdness, I'd suggest you try the same thing before visiting a dealer. Our XLT is well beyond the warranty period so I doubtless would have written a big check otherwise.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 with the heated / cooled front seats. I’ll remember this. Thank you.