Radio-no power to fuse #28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Thomas

Reaction score
I have a 2008 expedition EB with oem radio/ nav. There is no power to the 5amp fuse #28 for the radio on either side of the fuse (with key on.) The radio stopped after I had to charge the battery from a parasitic draw. I finally stopped the draw after disconnecting all the wires from the back of the radio. After a week of sitting it started right up. I’m not sure if the radio is no good or the amplifier without having power to #28. I do have power to #1 pin. I don’t know why the wire has no power before and after fuse. I did all testing with an electrical meter. I’ve seen that other people have had the same problem with no power to #28 but I could not find anyone had a solution. Please if you could help I would appreciate it.

OP
OP
M

Mike Thomas

Reaction score
Has anyone else experience this problem and solved this issue? There have been many with this problem but nobody post after fixing it. Thank you stamp11127 for your advise. I would like to know if others have corrected this situation with a definite fix. Thank you all for your help. Michael

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I doubt you will get many answers to your issue. The one thing with electric problems is most people shy away from fixing them since they don't understand the "magic" of electricity.

OP
OP
M

Mike Thomas

Reaction score
Thank you stamp11127 for keeping me in the loop. I haven’t had time to pull the fuse block yet but I was hoping to pull power behind the radio temporarily to see if the radio is good or shot. If you have a suggestion I would appreciate any though that you have experienced. Thank you again

OP
OP
M

Mike Thomas

Reaction score
I was also wondering where the parasitic draw came from before I disconnected the plugs from the radio. Amplifier, radio, etc.. Thank you again

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you checked for power at the fuse was the ignition switch set to "run"? Did you also check other fuses to prove the meter is working correctly?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Two options:
1) Inspection time then. For that fuse block I would expect a circuit board with copper traces similar to what is used on the smart junction boxes. I would expect a burned trace. Usually can be repaired with soldering on a wire over the burned section.

2) Using a wiring diagran or with the fuse block apart, locate the power wire to the radio and run a new inline fuse.

OP
OP
M

Mike Thomas

Reaction score
Where can I find a schematic from the interior fuse box? Is there a free site to see the wiring diagram for an 08 expedition Eddie Bauer or does anyone on this forum have one. I would like to thank all for helping especially stamp11127.