Radio problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mijoedoc

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Platinum and the same SiriusXM problem started recently. It works with first startup of the day, but then does not work on next startups. All other sources work (AM, FM, USB attachments...). Another site suggested Ford is aware and there should be a SYNC update coming. Another suggestion was a soft reset (press and hold FFW & PLAY). Have not tried it yet, but this is very frustrating.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not trying to be funny but your trial subscription didn't expire did it? When the subscription expires you get one station for advertisement and teaser, and tuning doesn't go to any other stations.

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m having this problem too. It seems to be related to how long the vehicle has been shut off. When I stop for gas, that’s not long enough and the satellite freezes (song and station do not update or play). But stop for longer (haven’t tested but overnight always seems to work) and it comes back. Not related to plugging in a phone or CarPlay from what I’ve seen.

Go2rjm

Reaction score
I am having the same issue on a 2020 Expedition Limited Max. When I stop the car and shut off the engine Sirius XM becomes unusable. I plan to update the SYNC software to see if that helps.

Last edited:

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford put a new update for Sync a couple of days ago. You can either download OTA or to a USB and stick it in, a much quicker way.

Go2rjm

Reaction score
I spoke with the SYNC3 representative and they confirmed that users have been reporting this Dave problem with the latest update. SYNC3 v3.4.21194. They recommended not upgrading if I had a prior version number. There is no estimate on when the next release will be available. After I posted this, I saw FASTCAR message that said SYNC3 just put out an update a few days ago so I assume it is the one I posted above. I will update and see if the fix is in.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I spoke with the SYNC3 representative and they confirmed that users have been reporting this Dave problem with the latest update. SYNC3 v3.4.21194. They recommended not upgrading if I had a prior version number. There is no estimate on when the next release will be available. After I posted this, I saw FASTCAR message that said SYNC3 just put out an update a few days ago so I assume it is the one I posted above. I will update and see if the fix is in.
The update for SYNC 3.4 that was installed was build #21194. That seems to have taken care of the "travel link" issue thus far. Rob6805 has installed it as well and was happy with it. I have noticed that it takes about 3 minutes for the Travel Link to populate. This is a fairly large download so it may fix a few things.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Curious, how did you get hold of a representative?