Radio volume maxed out after OEM new radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Pace

Reaction score
Hello, maybe someone in here has had some experience. I recently bought a 2014 Expedition EL with the standard 6 disc basic radio.

I found on ebay a great deal a "working" Nav, touch screen radio. I purchased the radio, and purchased the brick kit through infotainment. I went to hook everything up and the volume on the radio is stuck on max. No control from both the radio and the steering wheel controls. (Been replaced, and everything is hooked up correctly).

Is this something that could be in the radio? I am thinking I bought a bad radio, but it would have to be something internal as it is not just the know for volume control.

Both companies (infortainment and NavRepair) who did the programming have been great and helpful, but it is hard to tell.

I am open to any suggestions if anyone has seen this before.
Thanks,
Mike

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a unsavory individual selling a bad product. I sell and buy on eBay all the time. Even if your seller said as is no returns, you still have protection through eBay and PayPal. Get ahold of both, as well as the seller. A seller has to post an item as for parts, or not working in his/her ad, if it doesn't work as it should. That way the buyer understands. If you have a car stereo shop in your area, I'd also check with them, just in case their is something your missing. Good luck.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk