Raising a 2014 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bam!
20180411_171004.jpg
Too bad my tools probably won't be in until next week. Oh well. The pole chain saw came in today. Guess I'll be doing yard work this weekend instead.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys, should I use loctite on all the bolts I remove?

Strut hat nuts?

Nope they arent supposed to be torqued tight anyway

Btw that Readylift thing is one weird design...makes the Daystar i had thought a flimsy POS look quite beefy in retrospect

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Bam!
20180411_171004.jpg
Too bad my tools probably won't be in until next week. Oh well. The pole chain saw came in today. Guess I'll be doing yard work this weekend instead.
Readylift is way better than daystar. Good luck with install. I put locktite on every bolt that is on Readylift spacer. Been on for almost 10k mikes now and zero issues

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What a failure. I spent all ********* day on this and I failed. I was able to get the shock and coil out, but I couldn't get the shock and coil back on with the spacer on. There's two bolts at the bottom of the motorcraft shock that don't come off and I couldn't get the clearance to get the shock, coil, and spacer on. Then I ****** up a sway bar link and had to race to the auto parts store before they closed.
What's up with those two bolts on the shock? I'm so defeated right now.
Screenshot_20180414_182926.png

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What a failure. I spent all ********* day on this and I failed. I was able to get the shock and coil out, but I couldn't get the shock and coil back on with the spacer on. There's two bolts at the bottom of the motorcraft shock that don't come off and I couldn't get the clearance to get the shock, coil, and spacer on. Then I ****** up a sway bar link and had to race to the auto parts store before they closed.

Those two bolts replace the lower strut bolt & nut seen in 07-13 iirc

They might not be in your videos or diy guides y

You COULD detach the upper control arm from the knuckle, should give you enough wiggle room

Worst case, drop the LOWER control arm, but have a spare floor jack with a 2x6 to lever it back together after THAT..

PS sway bar links are ALWAYS detached on one side (of each link) whenever doing anything with suspension

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I hammered them out which made it a perfect fit back in. Then impact drive them back through the splines and called it a day

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I did remove one side of the sway link, but then I somehow ****** it up and stripped it. Ugh. To add further insult to injury, now there's clunking going on. As I type this my wife is texting guys at her shop to see if any of them will be up for trying to fix my **** up tomorrow.
The embarrassment and failure tastes like wet shit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hammered them out which made it a perfect fit back in. Then impact drive them back through the splines and called it a day
I tried hammering them out, but didn't have any luck.