Raising a 2014 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK ... I have to ask this question. I bet it sounds pretty dumb but I dont know. WHY do people "lift" their Expy's? Is it to get more ground clearance for off road? Is it because they want to run bigger diameter tires? Is it because they find that it makes the truck look better?
My '14 is lower to the ground than either of my previous first generations. I got used to being higher up and I want my 3rd generation to match it. Right now the running boards are pretty much useless for me.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
OK ... I have to ask this question. I bet it sounds pretty dumb but I dont know. WHY do people "lift" their Expy's? Is it to get more ground clearance for off road? Is it because they want to run bigger diameter tires? Is it because they find that it makes the truck look better?
Bigger tires and looks for me. Only “off roading” I’ll ever do with it is the beach in OBX

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Fronts often also lifted a bit because of the "factory rake" (truck leans forward/downward an inch or two up front)

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fronts often also lifted a bit because of the "factory rake" (truck leans forward/downward an inch or two up front)
I'm pretty sure my 97&01 was completely level. I can really feel the rake on my '14.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thought about lifting mine a bit, but really just not a fan of how the rear wheels swing forward when these rigs are lifted. Not knocking those of you with a lift, just personal opinion.

Plus, for whatever reason, mine sits pretty much level. Guessing the rear springs are beat down a bit after 150k+ miles.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got her raised!
Felt at home once I got behind the wheel. Much better.
20180421_142520.jpg

They didn't have to take the bolts off the shocks, but they did have to remove the front calipers and rotors. At one point there was three guys doing one wheel. The front took them a while.
20180421_112848.jpg

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Got her raised!
Felt at home once I got behind the wheel. Much better.
20180421_142520.jpg

They didn't have to take the bolts off the shocks, but they did have to remove the front calipers and rotors. At one point there was three guys doing one wheel. The front took them a while.
20180421_112848.jpg
Calipers and rotors for a spacer? Must’ve been here first one. Thts sad