Rancho QuickLift Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdizzle

Reaction score
Haven’t seen anyone post this tip about installing the Rancho Quicklifts. When you’re trying to get the strut in, disconnect the tie rod, disconnect the sway bar link from the bottom of the control arm, to do that…jack up from under the control arm to put pressure the end link so it doesn’t spin the shaft, take the nut off, then slowly lower. It will give you A LOT more room by disconnecting the sway bar end link. Slide the strut in, install the three nuts on top loosely, you’ll then be able to get the bottom in with a little bit of finesse, tighten the three on top and torque the bottom and the rest. Reverse steps to put it back on. Got three of the four done today and ran out of light, will finish probably on Friday. Best of luck to any doing this. Thanks to all who’ve helped me make this decision on switching!

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got a few posts about it on my main build thread. I'm really liking mine so far! I've hit some decentltly techicnial trails on mine and they've held up well so far. The adjustable dampening is super nice. Usually keep mine about 75% of the way up when I'm on the road and all the way soft when I'm on the trails. If you crank it up to 100% the ride is a bit too stiff, but it goes around corners real nice. Way less roll than the stock airbags.

OP
OP
J

Jdizzle

Reaction score
I've got a few posts about it on my main build thread. I'm really liking mine so far! I've hit some decentltly techicnial trails on mine and they've held up well so far. The adjustable dampening is super nice. Usually keep mine about 75% of the way up when I'm on the road and all the way soft when I'm on the trails. If you crank it up to 100% the ride is a bit too stiff, but it goes around corners real nice. Way less roll than the stock airbags.
What size tires did you put on? I think you might have mentioned it but not seeing it. With the stock tires you have a bit of a gap which if fine in the meantime but wouldn’t mind filling in that space with some tire to have a cleaner look. Getting an alignment today which is very much needed and Rancho does state you will need as you can se the tires angled . My next step is adjusting the height sensors so the notification turns off. I left the solenoids plugged in and zip tied up to try to prevent it but guessing the extra height throws it off. No big deal as it’s usable now.

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put on 35s! I also put some spacers on top of the struts to level it out a bit so I've got a total of 3 inches for the front and back. I removed my middle and rear seats though so there's no weight in the back and the rear sits pretty high, but when I load up my rig with gear it sits pretty level. I switched over from the air suspension so I just ziptied off the height sensors and removed all the air lines when I removed the compressor in the engine bay. Also turned off the air suspension switch in the rear of the truck. Each time you turn the truck on it'll give you an air suspension warning on the dash but you can just hit reset and it'll go away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes