Raptor Steering Wheel Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even better, thank you. Ordered mine. Assuming you swapped the buttons correct? I can't tell from any of the dealer parts order sites what sort of layout the buttons come in. That's the only part that scares me, seems like the buttons might break easy.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even better, thank you. Ordered mine. Assuming you swapped the buttons correct? I can't tell from any of the dealer parts order sites what sort of layout the buttons come in. That's the only part that scares me, seems like the buttons might break easy.

I swapped the buttons... Raptors were slightly different config

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wha

What buttons are different?

Don't quote me on this, it's been almost a year, but it has the button for heated steering wheel instead of something the expy has. And something on cruise control side was different.

It was really easy to swap

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So do swap the button pods (with all buttons intact) or do you pop the plastic off somehow for the actual buttons? I will have to look around for a video or some directions or something. Thanks. Look forward to it.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So do swap the button pods (with all buttons intact) or do you pop the plastic off somehow for the actual buttons? I will have to look around for a video or some directions or something. Thanks. Look forward to it.

The entire pod comes out with just a couple of three screws on each side.

There are several videos of f150 guys doing the swap.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Paddle shifters on the expedition would be nice! I know people question why you need them on this truck but when you own cars with them and then all of the sudden don't have them it’s brutal!

Great for downhill speed control, quick lane change downshift, or just holding a gear for a little longer to actually hear some engine!

I wish they I’d this steering wheel without the red line at the top though so it still looked stock..

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody use the Raptor Button config? I like the heated button on the wheel, and the Mode buttons. Coding most likely will be involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody use the Raptor Button config? I like the heated button on the wheel, and the Mode buttons. Coding most likely will be involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tried but they didn't work properly. The pinouts are different. So the buttons did t actually do what the icons showed.

I did complete my install, super easy if I didn't have to do some of it 3 or 4 times. I love that it's prewired for the paddles but it kills me that for a $400 steering wheel, an $80k msrp vehicle doesn't just come with it. The raptor wheel is definitely nicer and more comfortable.

I had to disconnect the battery several times, once I figured out the buttons didn't work, and then a couple of times to straighten the wheel. It was off by just a few degrees so my advice is, before you take things apart, backup and pull forward several times in your driveway, to make sure the wheel is centered, then start the process. I didnt swap the button pods, I swapped the whole plastic piece with the pods still attached, as the raptor plastic had a speckled grey pattern instead of the stripes, just didn't match the rest of interior.