Rear AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bammom89

Reaction score
I do not know anything about my 2010 Ford Expedition. The rear is blowing out hot air and so I took it to a AC place for a diagnosis. It was everything is fine just needs freon. I went autozone and purchased the freon. The problem is I do not know where to put it. I see the L cap under the hood for the front ac unit, but I do not know how to find the rear ac to put the freon in. Or is it the same line for both the front and the rear?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do not know anything about my 2010 Ford Expedition. The rear is blowing out hot air and so I took it to a AC place for a diagnosis. It was everything is fine just needs freon. I went autozone and purchased the freon. The problem is I do not know where to put it. I see the L cap under the hood for the front ac unit, but I do not know how to find the rear ac to put the freon in. Or is it the same line for both the front and the rear?

The a/c system uses one compressor and one “charged” line for the front and rear.

Your vehicle does not use Freon as an a/c refrigerant.

If the system is low, you have a leak that should be repaired before adding refrigerant.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will be installing R134a refrigerant. The charge port is the low side probably on the accumulator up by the pass firewall. Your charging hose will only fit on this port.
The high side port is larger in diameter.

Not sure if they are correct about just needing charged.

If front is cold and compressor is not cycling on and off a lot then you more than likely have a blend door motor messed up in the rear.

The older ones would click click click and often people would unplug the connector so they would be stuck in hot or cold mode.
Should be in the passenger rear side area.