Rear air ride suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colbym123

Reaction score
Really could use some help I have a 2007 ford expedition El and the rear air suspension isn't working. The other day while driving it raised way farther up than normal and was stuck after a couple of days in slowly started going down but not to normal height. Then went c9mpletely down and won't come back up. I have replaced the ride height sensors and nothing. When I first turn the key on and only after all doors are shut for a while I can hear the compressor kick on for about 45 seconds but doesn't raise it at all. Any help is appreciated.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My local ford dealership recommended getting rid of mine when they started having issues, they put on the conversion kit for me and honestly, I don't miss the air ride at all.

OP
OP
C

Colbym123

Reaction score
Been debating on it but already spent a bunch of money on other parts for it. I checked it out again today and I have air going to the air ride springs in the back so wondering if it could be the air spring solenoids on each side? That's where I have air going to but not further than that and no air that I can feel or hear leaking from the bags

MikeAndre

Reaction score
Did you get this figured out?
It is a shame that more people do not come back to their threads after they get it fixed, to give a final update. It would help others out greatly.

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would suggest getting the conversation kit which cost no more than a couple hundred dollars. You will continue to have problems with the compressor

MAP01

Reaction score
Which conversion doesn't increase ride height on a RWD 2005. From what I find the use the higher 4WD heights! PLUS i hear they are much harsher riding!

big_thumper

Reaction score
I fixed mine by using Forscan software and a laptop. I got the error codes, deleted the error codes and replaced the sensors. More advanced software can tell you if your voltages are correct at the sensors and if your solenoids at the rear shocks are opening and closing properly. You can also listen and see if you hear them click to allow the shocks to inflate or deflate. That's about all I know, I hope it helps. If you are not going to trailer anything and you tried all that, maybe getting rid of the system might be a cost effective solution.