Rear audio controls and speaker INOP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expyshamir

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently purchased a used '12 Ford Expedition Limited here in DXB with 96k miles on the clock, car has been great but the rear speakers arent working, the controls are completely off and blank too.
The headunit is dealer installed way back in 2012 and has the option for the rear controls as well, but it is locked out as well. The sub works and the remaining front speakers work too. Any possibilities as to why this could be happening? appreciate any input. TIA!

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it the factory headunit? If yes, you can control the rear audio in settings

OP
OP
E

expyshamir

Reaction score
Is it the factory headunit? If yes, you can control the rear audio in settings
no, its not the factory headunit, but it is a ford headunit specific to the gcc spec expeditions installed by the main ford dealer here. The controls for the rear audio are present in the headunit but are inaccesible, as if the rear radio unit has been disconnected(doesnt light up as well) super stumped on this one.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I swapped my stereo in my 2000, I lost the rear speakers and rear audio controls. I didn’t care about the controls (frankly I think it’s dumb) but the speakers I had to run dedicated wires to them.

paupeter726

Reaction score
This is happening to me right now. I am looking for answers too. Seems that my front speakers and rear sub work but not rear speakers. Also, something else weird, our phones connect via bluetooth but will only make calls and display text message alerts and messages. It will not, for the life of me, stream music from my Android phone. Also, the aux input is not working.
I called a local Ford Stealership and they said it might be a part on the back of the radio - like AIP or something.
I had updated the sw to the latest version, pulled fuses, neg. batt cable off/on multiple times. Nothing.
If anyone knows how to pull the head unit and inspect or solve this, much appreciated.

OP
OP
E

expyshamir

Reaction score
This is happening to me right now. I am looking for answers too. Seems that my front speakers and rear sub work but not rear speakers. Also, something else weird, our phones connect via bluetooth but will only make calls and display text message alerts and messages. It will not, for the life of me, stream music from my Android phone. Also, the aux input is not working.
I called a local Ford Stealership and they said it might be a part on the back of the radio - like AIP or something.
I had updated the sw to the latest version, pulled fuses, neg. batt cable off/on multiple times. Nothing.
If anyone knows how to pull the head unit and inspect or solve this, much appreciated.
Could it be the amp?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni