Rear defrost, and tail gate button

Tleone

Reaction score
Hello, anyone have troubles with rear defrost cable coming off the window(2019 xlt trim)? Had ford try soldering then eventually replaced the window but on a road trip I noticed its off again. My spouse blamed me saying it must be something Im doing, but curious if others had the same issue.

Another issue that was fixed with warranty was the rear hatch button, but after a week it was “sticking” and just not working again.

Expy7

Reaction score
Hey, I know its been a very long time since you posted but I had these same exact issues. I am not sure if the rear defrost is fixed as I have to wait until winter when it gets cold enough again, but their "resolution" final fix was replacing a couple wiring harnesses or something that lead to the rear defrost (a Ford engineer had to come out and look at it), and to get the sticky button fixed, they replaced the entire interior plastic panel on the inside of the tail gate. I went through 3 or 4 sticky buttons. It was also causing a secondary issue of making my interior lights come on because the vehicle thought it was depressed even though the tailgate was closed.