Rear Driver side sits and rides 1 Inch higher than passanger side 2005 2nd Gen.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05NavCali

Reaction score
Hello,

I seem to be having a problem that the dealer has not been able to diagnose, unless I let them work unlimited hours on my car and pocket. Lol.

Anyways what is going on is that the rear of my air ride suspension seems to be sitting 3/4"-1" higher on the drivers side rear. The diagnosis at the dealer showed no issues on the scanner, and they said they made an adjustment to that side, which I don't know what that means. I will say it was higher before I took it to them, and now the difference is the 3/4" to 1" issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Everything else works fine, it goes up and down fine, compressors sound good. I thought it was the ride height sensor, but after going in to inspect, I see there is only one ride height sensor for the entire rear, so I don't think it's that.

Thanks,

Tim

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
Hello,

I seem to be having a problem that the dealer has not been able to diagnose, unless I let them work unlimited hours on my car and pocket. Lol.

Anyways what is going on is that the rear of my air ride suspension seems to be sitting 3/4"-1" higher on the drivers side rear. The diagnosis at the dealer showed no issues on the scanner, and they said they made an adjustment to that side, which I don't know what that means. I will say it was higher before I took it to them, and now the difference is the 3/4" to 1" issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Everything else works fine, it goes up and down fine, compressors sound good. I thought it was the ride height sensor, but after going in to inspect, I see there is only one ride height sensor for the entire rear, so I don't think it's that.

Thanks,

Tim
Are you measuring on a level surface? Are your tire pressures all the same? How much fuel is in your tank (that’s on drivers side)

OP
OP

05NavCali

Reaction score
Yes measured out of flat surface. Yea brand new tires all the same pressure. I will check if it sits different with more fuel or not. I don't believe so, because I'm always sitting a little higher on the rear driver side like I said. Is there any adjustment that can be made on one side that you know of?

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The one rear ride height sensor is annoying to say the least. They are also prone to failures. Speaking from experience as we have an 03 navigator with air suspension. Pop the arm off that height sensor and see if the sensor moves freely, if not that's probably it. They like to get sluggish and stick as they corrode internally which throws everything off because the vehicle doesn't know where it actually is height wise.

It could also be a leaking solenoid as they'll let air leak internally into the lines rather than atmosphere and that air has to go somewhere.

Our passenger rear corner is currently riding about 1-1.5" low and it's definitely the sensor sticking. I have one on order now. If I force it by hand to the correct spot it airs up as it should. What happens on ours is it binds up in a particular spot when going over a bump or uneven surface and pops the arm off leaving it in whatever position it was in, typically one where it leaves it sitting low.

OP
OP

05NavCali

Reaction score
That makes sense. The only thing that doesn't make sense is if it was not working right (rear height sensor) then wouldn't both sides still be the same height as each other? I also heard about the solenoid, and tried changing the one on the side that was sitting higher, and was then told that maybe I need to changed the opposite side as well. Maybe I will try both.

Question, How far is your fender from the top of your rear tires when the are is is in park mode (down/lowered)?

Thanks,