Rear heater hose coupling leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

larryjb

Reaction score
This is actually for a 2008 Explorer, but when I posted the question I got no responses. I am assuming that the rear heater hose routing is similar in the Expedition, so I'll try my question here.

I am referring to a heater hose coupling near the spare tire in the rear. I haven't looked in great detail yet, but it appears that the heater hose is aluminum between the Y pipe near the engine and the heater core hose in the rear. At the end of the aluminum heater hose pipe it transitions to a rubber hose which connects to the heater core at the back.

Is there a nylon coupling back there that attaches to the aluminum hose on the Expedition?

Has any one else had a leak in this location?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Explorer and the only rear heater hose leak I had was the rusted hose clamps where the heater hose met the core under the floor. I replaced the hose clamps and that fixed the leak.