Rear RH Blinker Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turtle019

Reaction score
A couple days ago the rear RH blinker stopped working. I replaced the bulb without thinking too much about it, but this morning the same blinker failed again.
Think this is a case of infant mortality on the new bulb or is there something else I should be looking at?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d bet a poor quality bulb, made in China.

When you install the new bulb, ensure the socket is not corroded or damaged. A little silicone dielectric grease on the bulb base will ensure a water and corrosion free connection.

Plati

Reaction score
A couple days ago the rear RH blinker stopped working. I replaced the bulb without thinking too much about it, but this morning the same blinker failed again.
Think this is a case of infant mortality on the new bulb or is there something else I should be looking at?
I always use an ohm meter on a bulb that doesn't work, confirming its failure.

OP
OP
turtle019

turtle019

Reaction score
Curiouser and curiouser... went to swap it out and nothing seemed obviously wrong. The first bulb's filament was visibly broken but the one I put in a couple days ago still looks fine. I hit the flashers while I had the housing off and the blinker worked
I'll take another look at it this weekend when I have more time. See if there's any junk or corrosion in the socket. I like the idea of adding dielectric grease
For now I'll ride around with some spares in the glove box just in case
Thanks for the help y'all!

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. If I jiggled the socket it would light up. I pulled the bulb, installed new one with dialectic grease in the socket.

OP
OP
turtle019

turtle019

Reaction score
Friday morning before I had a chance to look at it the blinker stopped working again. Saturday I replaced the bulb and added dielectric grease. So far so good. The bulb I took out measures good with an ohm meter, but it's not worth messing with.