Rear Stereo Controls stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alcgraham

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition. My son loves to listen to his cd's while I listen to the radio. Just last night the rear controls quit working!!! Help! I have had this happen once before, but I just had to turn the radio off and then turn it back on and it was fine. That was several months ago. I tried that and it didn't work. I would appreciate any advice as to how to get it working again as that is his favorite thing to do in the car.

Thank you!!!!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
There's a key combination on your front radio that locks out the rear controls. Maybe this is the problem?

Check the owners manual online and it tells you. You need to press two buttons at once to toggle the controls on and off.

OP
OP
A

alcgraham

Reaction score
Thank you so much!!! I didn't know about that. I tried it a few times and it didn't work, but then I tried it again a few minutes later and we are back in business!!! I must have a gremlin! Thank you again, my son is so happy to have his music back!!!