Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awesome, that’s probably all I need. Next time I’m in for service I will have them do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked my invoice.
08REPDIAG1 : suspension/ axle/wheel diag
Added operation: calibrate ride height sensors per customer request.
*customer installed strut spacers.

it’s probably just a generic suspension diagnostic code with my instructions added to it.

Laura Rusick

Reaction score
Thanks for all the details! I've read the entire post now. :) Have the numbers for Hellwigs.

Two questions:
1) Has anyone installed the Moog sway bar? (saw the end link comments, but not sway bar) Local shop will install the Hellwigs, but normally does Moogs.
2) Having quite a bit of weight on my rear axle with 7700# trailer - actually over GAWR for rears, despite ProPride install. Definitely investigating tuning the ProPride, but suspect it's a bigger issue. Solution? Would the Bilstein shocks help, or more, the SumoSprings? Seems like the Sumos?

Thanks in advance!

2018 Limited 4x4, HD tow, Continental TerrainContacts

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for all the details! I've read the entire post now. :) Have the numbers for Hellwigs.

Two questions:
1) Has anyone installed the Moog sway bar? (saw the end link comments, but not sway bar) Local shop will install the Hellwigs, but normally does Moogs.
2) Having quite a bit of weight on my rear axle with 7700# trailer - actually over GAWR for rears, despite ProPride install. Definitely investigating tuning the ProPride, but suspect it's a bigger issue. Solution? Would the Bilstein shocks help, or more, the SumoSprings? Seems like the Sumos?

Thanks in advance!

I have a travel trailer that's around 7,500lbs with a ProPride. I'm 400lbs under the rear GAWR. Have taken the trailer to a scale? I weighed a couple of times to fine-tune the setup. I'm sitting just under 900lbs of tongue weight and the front axle weighs 60lbs less with the trailer attached (without weight distribution it loses over 400lbs). I have to go a full 8" on the weight distribution jacks, and might try pushing them a little more than that. You should be able to get yours tuned without being overweight.

That being said, I wouldn't suggest shocks or SumoSprings as a solution for being overweight. Fix the weight first, and get those if you want to improve the ride while towing. I've only done the sway bars on mine, but am considering shocks in the future. The ride can be a bit bouncy with that much tongue weight.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Two questions:

Thanks in advance!

Agreed that Sumo's don't really fix a weight issue per-say but I have them on, and for daily driving I think they help stiffen the rear a little.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't say there isn't a way but many of us have had too wait for the 8 weeks (or more) for at least one of the two bars....
I started the process in early February. If only I was able to get mine in eight weeks. I'm now waiting for a second set I had to order in April when the originals (ordered from Summit) were allegedly "damaged" while out for delivery to my house. I still haven't figured out how FedEx was able to "damage" one or both solid steel bars.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered rear bar June 3rd. Just received update email from Hellwig, estimated shipping date is Sept.4th

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I received the front bar within 4 business days of ordering it from Summit earlier this month. I only did the front bar. It definitely rides flatter through the corners now.

hellohithere

Reaction score
Just drove 300 miles on roads in pretty much every condition.

Smooth road surfaces and corners are night and day better.

Surfaces with small to moderate imperfections are more jarring. Comfort is proportional to the imperfection.

Really rough surfaces aren't ridiculously bouncy like before but they can be very jarring. The bar feels like it's mitigating a lot of the suspension travel, which is by design.

For those on the fence trying to decide if it's worth it, highway driving and good roads make this a no-brainer. Buy the rear bar and don't look back.

If you live in a state like mine with 3rd world roads, understand you'll be giving up comfort for more control.

I'll post back after adding more miles later this month. Hopefully the front bar will arrive in a week. If so, I'll add it to the discussion after my 600 mile trip.

@techdude99, do you like the ride quality now that you're a month in? Curious what your thoughts are.