Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MW - is that table the total allowable weights for towing, or maybe recommended balance? Is the Expy really a 6200lb truck empty?
I've also been to the scale to check my trailer weight. The Expy really is that heavy and balanced empty. Mine weighed in at 6,300lb. 3,140lb front and 3,160lb rear. With my 7,500lb trailer hooked up and weight distribution set, the front axle was 3,160lb and the rear axle was 3,800lb.

BBQMAN

Reaction score
I read this before buying our 2019 Expo Limited. We test drove one and I thought something was wrong with the truck. It was swaying in the back with every little steering correction. We passed on one because of it and then after driving another, it had the same thing. Guess the first mod I will do is the sway bar.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love my Hellwig swaybars. If anyone wants to try Urethane bushings on the OEM bars, I noticed there's a Seller on eBay "durable.parts" that lists them for our truck.

Keep in mind, if these fit, there will be a noticeable improvement but not as much as the larger Hellwig bars and bushings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210813-173314_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210813-173314_eBay.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20210813-173539_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210813-173539_eBay.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 5

icanski2

Reaction score
I installed Hellwigs on the front and rear of my CCD Equipped Max. It made a noticeable improvement. I'd do it again.

Jarred

Reaction score
Does anyone have the expected lead time to receive the Helwig rear sway after order? I ordered one through suspension connection early this year and after having to reach out to them monthly as they never contacted me they continued to tell me an eta of 4-6 weeks every time I called. After 4 months I cancelled for a refund. They got pretty hard to contact due to covid and I wanted to make sure I got my money back in case the company folded altogether. I'm hoping manufacture and delivery times have improved.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone have the expected lead time to receive the Helwig rear sway after order? I ordered one through suspension connection early this year and after having to reach out to them monthly as they never contacted me they continued to tell me an eta of 4-6 weeks every time I called. After 4 months I cancelled for a refund. They got pretty hard to contact due to covid and I wanted to make sure I got my money back in case the company folded altogether. I'm hoping manufacture and delivery times have improved.

I have a brand new front and rear bar in the boxes from my wifes Navigator. We sold it before we ever installed the bars. I'll ship them both to you for less than new AND I'll ship them soon! :). Hit me up!

TheAngryOgre

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just order both Hellwig bars from Summit Racing for my ‘21 Expy XLT. Front bar is currently in stock (they have 10) but the rear bar is back ordered until 11/1/21. Eager to install these much needed upgrades.