Rear View Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just bought a 2015 Expedition XLT. It has Sync Basic with a 4" screen, no touch screen. The rear view camera has no guidelines. There is a square with a line through it on the lower left and a magnify symbol on the lower right. Are there supposed to be guidelines and if so how do I get them to appear? Or doe this model not have guidelines?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought a 2015 Expedition XLT. It has Sync Basic with a 4" screen, no touch screen. The rear view camera has no guidelines. There is a square with a line through it on the lower left and a magnify symbol on the lower right. Are there supposed to be guidelines and if so how do I get them to appear? Or doe this model not have guidelines?

On my 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, the vehicle owner’s manual has instructions on how to turn or or off the camera guide lines.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Page 225 refers to a "touch screen". My vehicle does not have a touch screen. There has to be another way to view the "guidelines". I have attached a picture of the screen. It is only a 4" screen

14283[1].jpg

Last edited:

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@RICHARD L SMITH

I fiddled with mine, and you’re right, no apparent settings or buttons to add or remove them. Is it possible your hatch window glass is ajar? When I have the hatch window open the lines disappear, perhaps that could be a place to investigate, whether it’s actually open, or whatever sensor there isn’t working properly?