Rear wheel camber issue. Possibly worn control arm bushings??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zvonande

Reaction score
So I have an 04 exp Eddie Bauer with a 2.75” front and 2” rear lift. So I went up north on vacation to a cabin and the roads were beyond rough and we were driving through a snow storm. Anyways when I got back home I noticed the right rear wheel had a ton of negative camber and the left rear had some slight positive camber and I could definitely tell because the outside wheel was balding but left rear had no inner wear.

So I took it to have it aligned and they said that 2 wheel bearings were wiggling, one inner tie rod had play and they recommended camber hardware for where the knuckle meets the upper control arm. So I did what they said. I went ahead and did the camber hardware, all 4 bearings and both inner tire rods.

Got the alignment and the left rear wheel looked better and the right wheel looked better but still off. I had a class to go to so I couldn’t go back in and ask questions and didn’t wanna be swoo’d to spend more money. I’ve looked around to see if worn out bushings could effect camber and I’ve gotten mixed answers but for the most part people say they can, if you can stick a pry bar between the bushing and control arm and pry it and the bushing doesn’t return back to origin it’s bad. I don’t have any experience with bushings and camber. All I know is that the bushings are original and have never been replaced. Is it the bushings that are causing the bad camber even with the camber adjusted to the max?

also to point out, I’ve checked everything for cracks and bends in case any of you wonder it it’s a part that’s bent or cracked

Reaction score
If the bushings are that worn they (the alignment shop) should’ve seen and said something.

Did you get a copy of your alignment specs? If so are all 4 corners in spec?
Also, FYI Firestone offers free alignment checks (at least here in Tennessee). You can always take and have them check it.

OP
OP
Z

zvonande

Reaction score
Yeah, I got a copy and can see it and the alignment place said the camber on that one wheel is maxed out but within spec. I mean I’ve heard most places don’t really go to in-depth on that stuff but more noticeable things like my wheel bearings they noticed and told me about

OP
OP
Z

zvonande

Reaction score
Yeah, I got a copy and can see it and the alignment place said the camber on that one wheel is maxed out but within spec. I mean I’ve heard most places don’t really go to in-depth on that stuff but more noticeable things like my wheel bearings they noticed and told me about

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the bushings are shot, then yeah it can cause issues. How severe I dont know but I once had a car I took on fir alignment and the tech was like you need one, yet. Hou need new lower control arm bushings (not an expy). 2 new LCA's and an alignment later and ta da. Car drove straight as an arrow. Handling was much more predictable as well. Worth the expense imo. I feel like alignment shop should make it right if you replace and touch it up as they should have just turned it away if it was truly that bad. Within spec is just a cop out, they saw the extra work and just let it ride knowing wherever you took it for labor would likely do the whole deal.