Rear Window Opens With Door Keypad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I lock my truck with the key inside using the keypad, then open the truck with the keypad, the rear window is open. Is anybody else having this issue?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I lock my truck with the key inside using the keypad, then open the truck with the keypad, the rear window is open. Is anybody else having this issue?
When using the keypad there is some combination of commands you can also input to open the hatch or the hatch window, it should be detailed in your manual.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you type just your code, the driver’s door unlocks. If you type code+3 all doors unlock. Code+5 opens the rear glass.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you type just your code, the driver’s door unlocks. If you type code+3 all doors unlock. Code+5 opens the rear glass.

That depends on your settings I think. If I type my code all the doors open as that’s how I have my fob set (unlock button on fob unlocks all doors, not just driver’s).

But that is awesome news about the rear glass being openable from the keypad.

Now if there was just a way to start the vehicle from the keypad or the door handle. If I can’t get to my phone or my watch or my keys and I’m loading up kids and stuff into a hot car, it’s be great to be able to start up from the door so it could get started cooling down.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That depends on your settings I think. If I type my code all the doors open as that’s how I have my fob set (unlock button on fob unlocks all doors, not just driver’s).

That makes sense. I have my fob unlock only the driver’s door on the first click, which means the driver’s door handle behaves the same. If I need to unlock all the doors I grab one of the other 3 door handles.

Now if there was just a way to start the vehicle from the keypad or the door handle. If I can’t get to my phone or my watch or my keys and I’m loading up kids and stuff into a hot car, it’s be great to be able to start up from the door so it could get started cooling down.

I agree. That’d be nice!

OP
OP
S

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I don’t need the 3 because I open all, but the 5 does the glass. Thanks. The 5 is next to my last number, I need to be more precise to keep from hitting it.