Rear Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My brothers 2017 EL has rear windows that can be slightly cracked open (about 2 inches). We were chatting yesterday via phone about the model years and asked whether I'd used these. Not finding the button where he described, and then looking at the windows, it became clear my 2018 does not have these. Did Ford eliminate this feature altogether or is it an option? He said he really likes using them to quickly vent out and cool down the car - open these and the front windows while driving and whoosh, instant air exchange.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is on the cealing with the sun roof buttons, marked vent. I have no clue if Ford did away with them, but one thing's for sure I wish the Suburban had them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2018+ models do not have rear windows that vent. It’d be nice to have, but I just remote start the car to cool it down before I get in.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder why they dropped that? Was it a safety feature, or just another cost-saving alternative.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We bought our 2018 in Ohio, replacing a 2003 Expedition. We spent 2 to 3 hours searching the owners manual and then the internet while driving home to Iowa trying to figure out how to open those rear quarter windows. We loved them on our 2003. I did have to replace both motors in about 2015 as they became intermittent. Once we got home with our 2018 I inspected them and discovered they are solid. But, honestly, this has been our only disappointment with the vehicle.