Rear wiper delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69ford99

Reaction score
I did a rear wiper delete, super easy. Has anyone else done this?

Attachments

• IMG_20220402_133159~2.jpg
    IMG_20220402_133159~2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP

69ford99

Reaction score
1. I don't use it 2. It looks better without it 3. The rear wiper can cause issues with battery drain.

smith627

Reaction score
My front and rear wipers work but recently they won't spray water on windshields when I press the spray button.

BigRed2004

Reaction score
How did you go about performing the delete? I live in an extremely dry environment and have rarely ever had to use the rear wiper. So a delete may not be a bad idea. Especially since currently the shaft more or less free spins when activated and doesn’t wipe. It not working is not the reason for hardly using the rear wiper. There is just literally less than 7 inches of rain fall a year.

Johnathan M

Reaction score
What do you grab onto to open the rear glass? I had an 05 and the rear wiper would occasionally get tight and I would have to disassemble it and clean and lube things up so it would rotate. Was a pain.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2001 and I am considering deleting it as 1) It has not worked since I disconnected it due to battery drain. 2) New replacements are hard to find, 3) It makes the door heavy and noisy when closing.

OP
OP

69ford99

Reaction score
You can grab the edge of the glass after you hit the release button. After I took the wiper off, I just unbolted the latch which has the wiper shaft on it. I then cut the part of the bracket that had the shaft on it. Now all I have is a hole in the glass which is about the size of a 22 mm socket. You can buy a delete kit on Amazon, I used a beauty cap off a dual monitor stand and sealed it with some E6000.