Rebuild front hub 2014 EL KING .. anyone done it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrenchinBrit

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Looking to replace the wheel bearing but to save time and have a spare hub i wanted to purchase the hub and bearing assembly and then replace the bearing only ready for the other side that way i can keep using the vehicle if i run into any problems...
Q. Anyone rebuilt the hub replacing just the bearings?

I have done many on different cars, i have all the pullers press etc

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it a 4x4 ?
If you need the service manual you can download it free from cardiagn.com . Password to unpack the rar file is cardiagn.com .
Just my opinion, but it's not worth the hassle of replacing just the hub bearing. If the bearing fails it will tear up the hub anyway, and possibly the spindle too.
You can get a new Timken hub ( with new speed sensor...) from Rock Auto for about $150 and be done with it. Hell, go crazy and buy two !

Factory Service Manual & Wiring Diagrams Download

Replacing Front Hub Assembly on Expedition/Navigator 4x4

Last edited:
OP
OP
WrenchinBrit

WrenchinBrit

Reaction score
Thanks Ham ...
It is the 4x4 but it requires the heavy duty hub which is $230 for an OEM and Rock does a MevoTech one for $178. I believe the HD hub is thicker.
Incidentally the bearing is on its way out so not bad .. are you saying that when you remove it it will damage the spindle?

OP
OP
WrenchinBrit

WrenchinBrit

Reaction score
Thanks for the manual link .. although the only thing i can see is a big ol liust of pictures ... how does one get the manual pages out of that file?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the manual link .. although the only thing i can see is a big ol liust of pictures ... how does one get the manual pages out of that file?

Wherever you unpacked it to, you'll see a directory named "2014 Navigator" . In that directory just double click on either the "Service Manual.html" or the "Wiring Diagrams.html" file to open that manual.