Rebuild Top End or New Engine 183,000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
brcknrdg Rob

brcknrdg Rob

Reaction score
OP
OP
brcknrdg Rob

brcknrdg Rob

Reaction score
Changed out the fuel injectors on the '09, runs beautifully for now. The new coil pack and injector combo have smoothed it out and restored power. The transmission shifts very smoothly and way earlier. I cleaned out the throttle body that sits on top of the intake since it was pretty gunked up. It is much quieter as well. After changing them and upon starting and while idling if I stepped on the gas it would rev to 2500 and not come back until I turned off the engine. I then drove it around the block and once back in the driveway and in park the engine would fluxuate rpms up and down betweei 700- 1800. I then took it out for a good 50 mile drive and since then it has ran normally. I think it was just a little learning curve for the new parts and the computer. I will update later once we begin having problems. I think I may have a lead on a good local ford guy, once I contact him I will post his input as well.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Changed out the fuel injectors on the '09, runs beautifully for now. The new coil pack and injector combo have smoothed it out and restored power. The transmission shifts very smoothly and way earlier. I cleaned out the throttle body that sits on top of the intake since it was pretty gunked up. It is much quieter as well. After changing them and upon starting and while idling if I stepped on the gas it would rev to 2500 and not come back until I turned off the engine. I then drove it around the block and once back in the driveway and in park the engine would fluxuate rpms up and down betweei 700- 1800. I then took it out for a good 50 mile drive and since then it has ran normally. I think it was just a little learning curve for the new parts and the computer. I will update later once we begin having problems. I think I may have a lead on a good local ford guy, once I contact him I will post his input as well.
The idle problem is not a re-learn. You may have something(gunk behind the plate) causing the throttle body to hang up or a massive vacuum leak

OP
OP
brcknrdg Rob

brcknrdg Rob

Reaction score
The idle problem is not a re-learn. You may have something(gunk behind the plate) causing the throttle body to hang up or a massive vacuum leak
After driving for 50 miles I think all 8 microchips in the injectors have gotten used to the airflow they competing with. It runs very smoothly now

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
After driving for 50 miles I think all 8 microchips in the injectors have gotten used to the airflow they competing with. It runs very smoothly now

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
Microchips? They have 2 wires going to them. Maybe it was the nut, between the seat and steering wheel...

OP
OP
brcknrdg Rob

brcknrdg Rob

Reaction score
Microchips? They have 2 wires going to them. Maybe it was the nut, between the seat and steering wheel...

Its been said that opinions are like ******** and you good sir seem to have been blessed with 2.
What compels you to log into a forum, where people come for advice and information, and proceed to be a dick? So far every opinion you have given has been derogatory or so far off the mark of what the problem really is its laughable. I think Joe Biden would bury you in debate of cognitive dissonance. Im either going to block you or quit this forum but int the meantime why don't you go bug some people on facebook.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Its been said that opinions are like ******** and you good sir seem to have been blessed with 2.
What compels you to log into a forum, where people come for advice and information, and proceed to be a dick? So far every opinion you have given has been derogatory or so far off the mark of what the problem really is its laughable. I think Joe Biden would bury you in debate of cognitive dissonance. Im either going to block you or quit this forum but int the meantime why don't you go bug some people on facebook.
I gave you honest advice for your issue and you responded that, the problem fixed itself. That is not likely and there are no chips, to adjust to airflow, in the injectors. You wasted my time asking for help and then give a nonsense follow up. Then I get a halfassed lecture, from someone that probably is a DIY hack. Good luck, cry baby