Reclaiming MPGs on Lifted Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some of the techs. I worked with over the years were pretty good.

Some of them would try something and if it didn't work they remembered it didn't work and years later would speak up and say, "We tried that, it didn't work." But they couldn't tell you why it didn't work.

The best ones weren't satisfied to "know" something didn't work. They wanted to figure out why it didn't work. They were the best to work with and learn from because they also worked out and understanding of the process and the equipment and how they work together to make product.

I always got a kick out of telling some guy that something wouldn't work that we were doing it anyway. If he didn't believe me go look at the line and see it running what he said it wouldn't run/make.

Maybe I have a screwed up personality. I always enjoyed doing thing people told me couldn't be done.
That's just ego but we all are guilty of that in varying degrees.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shame on you for getting off topic just to talk about what you do...…..everybody does something.
shame on you for failing to read a post correctly. and, for the record, Nobody does what I do. get off your high horse.

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
I call ********...you're claiming a 3+ ton vehicle gets 18 mpg on a very aggressive tune and with added weight? I have a 93 perf tune, and it is anything but efficient. if you're gonna lie at least make it believable and claim to be on a perf/tow or econ tune.

I def buy the air dam argument over this nonsense
I get 15 on my e30 tune and 17-19 on my 93 perf both from 5 star. 17 KR EL on 34s